City of Jedha and Star Destroyer diorama

jusdrewit

Sr Member
Was really inspired by a few of these threads so here is my version, it's pretty much finished although I might tinker with the rock color more down the road. Maybe one day I'll go back and add lights to the SD too. The City of Jedha kit was from the awesome JPG Productions and the SD is the tiny Bandai kit. Sorry I don't have better quality photos, these were just taken with my cell. Thanks for looking!

20191121_225801-1_1.jpg
20191121_225558.jpg
20191121_225451.jpg
20191121_225724.jpg
20191121_225418.jpg
20191121_225713.jpg
20191121_225408.jpg
20191121_225745.jpg
20191121_225630.jpg

Really neat! Can I ask what paints and colours did you use for Star Destroyer body? Mine was too dark when I painted it, but your grey tone looks much more accurate.

Is it just me, or is Jedha leaning a bit sideways?
Good catch. All the whole city walls are uneven and sloping inward and the city even appears to be on a hill on uneven ground, but that tall Temple tower should be vertical and it does look like it's a few mm off. I'll get a wooden block with sandpaper to the rock formation to level it out. Appreciate the comment, I've been staring at it so long I missed that. :)

Really neat! Can I ask what paints and colours did you use for Star Destroyer body? Mine was too dark when I painted it, but your grey tone looks much more accurate.

Ty! I just used a flat insignia white. This thread helped me too when I was researching: Imperial Star Destroyer hull color?

The R1 Star Destroyer is pretty white, but I did also use a Tamiya light gray panel line wash sparsely to add a little bit of variation to the hull, nothing drastic as the kit is so small and the ship is a mile long.

nice work, i'm missing a litte more colour in the City

Yeah I really wanted to add a lot of layers and try and simulate real rock and the layers etc. I can't tell you how many reds and oranges and browns I mixed and then later used rust and orange washes and then dirt washes. Felt never ending lol

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back