Citadel Paints

the eldest

Dors anyone have any experience of using citadel / games workshop paints on latex? They're water Based so shouldn't react with the latex. Sealing with perma wet after is the way I was thinking. I don't own an airbrush but have been painting miniatures for years and have a stock of these paints.
Your thoughts, guys.

Tony.

Hmmmm....

Not sure on this one, I know that most people use acrylic based inks like 'magic colour' or FW inks but thats about it. On the right lines with perma-wet though.

im from the uk and im about to start painting. look up STRETCHI PAINTS. there water based and are stretchi for latex then seal with LIQUITEX MEDIUM AND VARNISH. i airbrush with the saim kinda paints used for models and hard plastics and they will crack very easy on latex if a thick coat is required but if just a bit of blending is required the they do work a little.
hope that helps

Since they are acrylics, you'll want to incorporate Prosaide. Search the huntorials for painting with acrylics; plenty of threads on it. :)

i paint a lot of stuff with the vallejo and games workshop paints mixed with prosaid and they worl just fine after being sealed with permawet. You can look at my wolf paint up i did and i used some of those paints in it. It just gets real expensive and i prefer wicked paint now.

I used this colors for my backpack, armor and gaunts. All parts that had to look a lil like metal or something.

At first it just looked good, but when it comes to pictures with flashlight I was sure to use them on all my stuff that I have to finish.
Sorry not to have a picture at hand but I will find s good one and post it.

I;ve used them on latex suits and really like it, some colours i use on the suits are only available in citadel and im glad they are, works perfect

Yes you need to mix it with prosaid or cover in clear plastidip or permawet. I have used Citadel on a few projects before (I have a ton sitting around the house for painting minis) and it is a good paint but pricey, You would be better off using an art store acrylic.

Can't say I have... I have painted models from the gamesworkshop for nearly 8 years now,
I don't know to be honest mate,

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back