Circuit For Gaunlet

L

ladyt11

I will be posting simple diagrams on how to make the countdown circuit for your Gauntlets.

Cary

"TIME TO PLAY"
warrior05.gif.png

Yes,

You will need enough L.E.D.s to do each section of sequencing lights. I use rectangular Shaped ones.

I am putting together some pics and will post soon.

Cary

"TIME TO PLAY"
warrior09.gif.png

Would ou have any info for making something close to the front of the panel think it has blue light and some others

Hunter can you be more specific? What are you talking about exactly?

Cary

"TIME TO PLAY"
warrior06.gif.png

The front of the control panel not the count down red letters. Just the other blinking lights. Its on the top of the guantlet. Where he would activate the invisiblity and his other gadgets

O.k.

I have had a lot of questions. Lets do this.It is up to you guys.Do you want to start with the CountDown or the Lighted part of the Gauntlet on top. Similar to the Video that was posted showing the real Gauntlet purchased on ebay?

Cary

"TIME TO PLAY"
warrior05.gif.png

well personaly i would like to see the front panel lights..doesn't the fornt panel have a few light up "yauti" letters as well?

Yes it does. I will take a good look at it and come up with a design.

Cary

"TIME TO PLAY"
warrior06.gif.png

First you will need a number of cmos chips. 4011,4017 and 3082. You will also need Rectangular L.E.D.s Capacitors Resistors Solder,Wire and a Soldering Iron.
On the 4011 short together pins 1 and 2 and also 5 and 6. Also wire pins 3 and 5 together. The speed of the output of this Timer depends on the value of capacitor and resistor.The capacitor has 2 leads one solder to pin 2 the other pin 4.
The resistor has 2 leads also.Solder one lead to pin 1 the other to pin 3. Pin 7 is your ground. Pin 14 your possitive.
You have now made a timer. The output to the 4017 is at pin 4

I will get a diagram up soon so you can see this more clearly.

Cary

"TIME TO PLAY"
warrior05.gif.png

Here is a pic to show you the pinout.This circuit will have 7 outputs that will sequence. Play with different configurations to get what you want. If you wire this up the way I show you you will be able to get yor Gauntlet to light up.

Mind you this is a very simple circuit. As you can see on the 4011 the other output on pin 4 is used as an input to another 4017 to 3082 circuit.

To do the rest of the Gauntlet will take a more complicated circuit. This circuit is just to get you familiar.

More to come....

Cary

CIRCUIT.jpg.png

"TIMETO PLAY"
hunter05.gif.png

Hey Cary,

Thanks for the picture, that clears up alot. I will visit my local Shack Friday while Im out and see what I can pick up to get started. for those interested I mapped the layout of the pred 1 and pred 2 counters. they are set up as if you are wearing them and looking from first person. email me if you want the sequencing, Im working on the list if anyone wants go that far LOL.

www.geocities.com/sanryuk...plates.bmp

hope this works, I have not been able to post pics yet.

Time does not die, people die

darth_maul_fencer@yahoo.com

-Brian

Sorry you do not understand this.This is an incredibly simple circuit to do a basic lighting effect.
Believe me the circuit for the actual Count Down display is alot more complicated. I am trying to get people who want to build a lighting effect for their Gauntlet a taste of what it will take to do so.

Cary

"TIME TO PLAY"
warrior02.gif.png

Cary, don't sweat it man.

I really appreciate what your doing. If I gave a basic lesson in SCUBA or Fencing using the lingo from either, I would get trout looks also. C'mon folks, give it a try and if your confused, ask. That's what the board is about yes?? Getting help from those with success.

For instance, will I need just the three boards you listed for the whole gauntlet, or a set for each display? I'm gonna hit the Shack today and give it a try. am I going to need real thin solder?

Thanks Cary

-Brian

Last edited by a moderator:
Brian,

The circuit I show here is on 1 board and made up of 3 chips.

The size of the board should be no bigger than 3 inches by 3 inches.

Mind you if I was to show you the Count Down Circuit it would be on a board the size of the top of the Gauntlet.

I have been asked by a lot of people to make a list of items.

I will take a look at the Video that shows the REAL Gauntlet and come up with something.

And yes I would get a thin solder with a rosin core.

More to come.

Cary

"TIME TO PLAY"
warrior10.gif.png

That is great Cary!
I have always wanted to learn the electronics aspect of the hobby!

I am in the process of getting a place where I can get the chips for this project.
Will let you know.

Cary

"TIME TO PLAY"
warrior09.gif.png

This thread is more than 20 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back