Cinematic Gender Divide

Guan Thwei

I just saw this on MSN.com news this morning

"-- Any sequel in the "Predator" series
But a lot of these same guys also absolutely love the "Predator" movies. One friend even snuck out of the house on Christmas day three years ago to see "Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem," the godawful sequel to the godawful "Alien vs. Predator." We believe he told his wife he was going for egg nog. We are not making this up.

This guy -- and guys like him -- can go on and on explaining why the Predator creature came to the jungle in the first movie and why it set its sights on L.A. in the second and why the movies where the Predator battles the Alien rank as great B-movie fun. He blanks out though if we ask him the color of his wife's eyes.

That Schwarzenegger and Jesse Ventura, two of the stars from the first "Predator," would go on to become governors should give one pause when hailing democracy as one of human history's greatest inventions
"

:lol: I'm a girl and I love guy movies in general, not just predator. I've seen Rambo, the godfather, Rob Zombie movies (And Zombie movies in general), I quote movies quite often, and yes, I will be going to see "the Expendables"!

I also hate just about every movie on the opposite side of the list as well, especially Marley & Me. I fell asleep while watching twilight and never really felt like trying to watch it ever again, so I probably won't watch the sequels. Chick flicks are really not my thing and I would rather spend an evening watching paint dry than going to see a sex and the city movie. I'm not totally manly, though because I still like classic disney movies, some 80's flicks (like Labyrinth) and the occasional good cartoon movie, but those are few and far between and getting rarer by the day.

Hummm. Well the article’s author admitted to generalizing a bit. Which is what the entire articel is, a big generalization.

Some of my favorite movies of all times have been the so called “guy movies” and there are thousands more women who like myself enjoy this genera. We; guys and gals, may appreciate the movies and its characters differently.
I find preds. ‘sexy’ while others find them ‘awesome.’ but we both enjoy and appreciate them and the movies none the less.

And as for that guy lying to his wife, telling her he was out getting egg-nog…Unless he was actually caught/seen at the movie theater I seriously doubt that he went to see AVP:R, that was a back-up lie, more than likely he was out “getting” him something all righ.
~Estelle

I just thought it was funny that (if he really did) lie to his wife to go see AVP-R then maybe he just might be a member here on the Lair :lol:. Sometimes I feel I have to do that with my stuff because my wife hates the Predator due to the fact that she sees it everywhere and everyday.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back