Chronicle 2012

Werstrooper

Just watched this last night, I went into the cinema with already high expectations and I walked out buzzing!

The film itself is rather smooth for a "found footage" type movie. With the whole super hero theme mixed with cloverfield shooting techniques it just works!

The funny moments are damn funny, there are a few great scare moments too. At one point in the film I got such a fright I swore outload :lol

Without spoiling anything for you guys may I just say this film has the best flying sequence I have ever seen in any film. It was still in my mind when I left the cinema, and still in my mind when I went to bed and yes even typing this out now I cant stop thinking about.

First time in many years I can say, I will be going back to see this again before it leaves the cinema.

Loved it!

88% interest on Rotten Tomatoes. One point more than Matrix 1. Still 19 days to see it here. Can't wait. :)

As for the non-spoilering... The " gum out of his mouth " really had me hooked. This scene is hilarious and the effect very convincing. ^_^

Im glad to hear you liked it, I plan on seeing it tonight. Ever since I saw the first teaser trailer when they make the teddy bear come off the shelf I knew I wanted to see it.

I saw it last night and loved it too! There were a few specific scenes that really stood out but I won't spoil anything. Overall a fun movie, if you're on the fence go watch it!

I saw it today at the 12:20 showing. Good flick, realistic characters, nothing else I can say until this thread or another becomes spoiler ok.

Just got back from the film. Wasn't perfect by any means... but well worth my $7.50.

I enjoyed it quite a bit. Could pick it a part to death - but I had fun and I'll leave nits for other folks to pick. Sit back enjoy the popcorn and have some fun with this one.

I saw it a few hours ago and thought it was surprisingly deep. I felt emotionally invested in the characters and I loved how they "broke the rules" of found footage movies.

Prop/easter egg spoiler:
Did anyone catch Matt's Nostromo shirt? Gotta love the Alien reference!

MV5BMTk1MTUzMzI0M15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMTM0NDEzNw@@._V1_.jpg

I saw it a few hours ago and thought it was surprisingly deep. I felt emotionally invested in the characters and I loved how they "broke the rules" of found footage movies.

Prop/easter egg spoiler:

I did, MrSinistar... as I was wearing a (different) Nostromo shirt myself yesterday!

Prop/easter egg spoiler:

Yup, caught that myself. "Yes, it was the black man this time" had me, and the theater, laughing.

Managed to see it today, and it was pretty awesome.

It's... hell it's about as close as you can get to a live action Akira.

Damned good movie.

Chris

Chronicle-2012-Movie-Teaser-Poster.jpg

Highly recommended by me and my brother. Watched it yesterday on opening night in Amsterdam.
The cinema was really packed, like a full house and the crowd went nuts . . . so go check it out . . .

-Chaim

Saw it... loved it. Don't get the Cloverfield comment, as I tried watching that and got sea-sick from the camera shakes and movements in that one. NONE of that in this one.

Very well defined characters... realistic settings and developments. About the best movie I've seen this year.

Managed to see it today, and it was pretty awesome.
It's... hell it's about as close as you can get to a live action Akira.
Damned good movie.
Chris
A friend of mine seeing this with me today mentioned that the live action Akira was pushed back on release because of this one and he noted the similarities.

Necro, but saw decided to pop for this on DVD, watched it last night, really enjoyable, i sat too, especially watching injured Andrew, thinking Akira.....good job, liked the found footage style this time, much better than Cloverfields attempt, and no annoyed fudgewit yelling "ROB, ROB, ROOOOOB" for the whole movie :lol.

lee

I could have sworn he stopped bullets toward the end, but on second viewing, I guess he didn't.

Saw this on Saturday. Throughly enjoyed it. Some holes here and there and except for the effects it looked extremely low budget, but that was one of its charms. Quite well done. Worth a shot if you've been curious. Also very short; about 85 minutes or so.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back