chrome spray paint

T8001

Anyone used any good spray chrome paint in the uk they'd recomend?
I dont have an airbrush so im gonna have to settle for canned stuff. Any ideas? Doesnt have to be super reflective its gonna be dirty looking anyways. Thanx in advance.

Hez might know a trick or two, I remember him recommending Krylon aluminum... Chrome or dull, I dunno which one, but it looked the part as a baselayer :D

Thanks guys ill check those out!

EDIT: ok unfortunatly for me the awsome effect predamaker achieved was with airbrush paint and sods law it seems nowhere in the uk wants to sell krylon lol Tho there is some on ebay but its a sterling silver finish which might still look good.

Tho i also found this stuff that looks quite good
clicky
Guess ill just experiment and see what works, ill post when im at that stage,im getting a bit ahead of myself.

I've never had good results with the allegedly shiny plasti-kote stuff, but they may have brought out a new one since I last used it. If you can get krylon paints in the UK, I highly recommend their matte aluminum. Best readily available rattle can I've used. Here it is on a bio - http://www.thehunterslair.com/index.php?showtopic=11849 I find it more than slightly ironic that their 'matte' aluminum is shinier and more metal like than their chrome though.

Awsome! Thanks hez i think ill actually hold out and see if i can find some Krylon, someone has to have it in the uk. Looks good on the bio. Not sure why i didnt come across that topic with the search.

not sure if it's available in the UK, but Rustoleum brand metallic finnish works real nice.

DSCN5396-1.jpg.gif

here's a pic of it on a mask.

DSCN5381.jpg

DSCN5383.jpg

I've seen these two before but they've been listed above already.
Killer Chrome and AlcladII
I think the terminatorfiles.com site had a demo of Killer chrome being used on a T-800 skull and it looked fabulous. It's a while since I've used the site so not sure where to find it. Might even been on Endobuilders.com but that site shut down. Both Killer Chrome and AlcladII look a lot better than Rustoleum (no offence xdmray). Good luck.

I've seen these two before but they've been listed above already.
Killer Chrome and AlcladII
I think the terminatorfiles.com site had a demo of Killer chrome being used on a T-800 skull and it looked fabulous. It's a while since I've used the site so not sure where to find it. Might even been on Endobuilders.com but that site shut down. Both Killer Chrome and AlcladII look a lot better than Rustoleum (no offence xdmray). Good luck.

The link I posted for the Killer Chrome has a few demos and the stuff looks great. Just wondering how bad I want to give up $115 for paint.

Apologies to Dieabolic, I never followed your link.

Not a problem, just wanted people to know the vids were there and how easy that stuff is to use, or so they make it seem. I may try it on a bio after I get one made. Or, how different would a predator look with all chrome armor? :p

I really, really want to try the killer chrome, but I'm having trouble justifying the $115 for the kit. And forget about it if you live outside the US. They charge around $130 in shipping (hazardous material, see?), so really you're looking at $245. For a rattle can.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back