Chrome and gold Chrome spray paint?

nefiwashere

working on the 2 daft punk helmets and i need to find a very good chrome and gold chrome spray paint to give that mirror like finish.i have tried the dupli brand kind and was not to impressed.

any good alternatives? any help is appreciated

hydro chrome looks pretty good

http://youtu.be/A6kypid0XG0

Never seen It done In person. but It looks fantastic. and there are a few different company's selling what seems to be the same process. I would do allot of home work and find the best one with results and affordability..

little side note. I'm guessing your piece would have to be spot on perfectly smooth. no Imperfections at all.

I used the Alclad on a glass vacuum tube and it looked fantastic! So the smoothness of the surface under the paint makes a big difference. That's why they recommend a gloss black undercoat; but if your surface is already glossy smooth, it shouldn't be necessary.

I've found that if you can apply alclad while the surface you're applying it to is still slightly tacky then it will increase its handling durability. Still not perfect, but better than otherwise.

I've found that if you can apply alclad while the surface you're applying it to is still slightly tacky then it will increase its handling durability. Still not perfect, but better than otherwise.

Doesn't alclad chrome also make a special clear coat made for It? at least I think I read that some were.

Ive tried quite a few products, no paint really gets that close. The best way to test is to paint a piece of clear plastic, when looking through the plastic if the paint is dull then you will find the same thing when you put a clear coat on it. Something about the way the paint reacts with the air. With the Alclad it is actually creating a chrome effect over the black, you need a mirror black finish then just mist the alclad on it. You can also check out the daft punk forums to see what other people have done.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back