Christopher Reeve Superman Suit

Anybody know where I can get a good replica suit for $400 or less?

Believe me, you get what you pay for with these suits. You won’t find what you’re looking for in that price range unfortunately. Maybe if you find someone desperate to get rid of one for $400, or you could get the cheaper “80’s” version of one of these from Action Costumes for $500. Just search the ‘Bay. I don’t recommend dealing with them though from personal and others’ experiences

When I start sourcing pieces for this cosplay I'll contact you, I'm willing to pay that for those and I can just make the rest myself. Any suggestions for specific bodysuits that are good for a base to start from? I hjave zero sewing experience and starting with a bodysuit would be easiest for me.

When I start sourcing pieces for this cosplay I'll contact you, I'm willing to pay that for those and I can just make the rest myself. Any suggestions for specific bodysuits that are good for a base to start from? I hjave zero sewing experience and starting with a bodysuit would be easiest for me.

I don’t have any suggestions for that unfortunately. If you’re going to make your own, you’ll need a machine that can do a stretch stitch or a better yet a serger. You can’t just stitch stretch fabric on a regular sewing machine or the seams will pop. Look up some DIYs on YouTube....

Believe me, you get what you pay for with these suits. You won’t find what you’re looking for in that price range unfortunately. Maybe if you find someone desperate to get rid of one for $400, or you could get the cheaper “80’s” version of one of these from Action Costumes for $500. Just search the ‘Bay. I don’t recommend dealing with them though from personal and others’ experiences
Where can I get a Christopher Reeve Superman suit only without the cape?

Only place I recommend is Super.Costumes. You can look them up on Facebook. Company in Argentina. You can get everything from them made to order except boots. Currently I don’t have a good answer for a recommend boot maker.

You might want to check out Action Costumes. The are out of Argentina but they make it spot on. And with the same material. Ans there's super costumes as well. Good luck.

IMO, getting hung up on ‘screen accurate’ materials is where you’re going to fall down. Especially in your price point. If you want the right look, focus first on fit and execution and find similar materials and finishes that fit your budget.

I would recommend, depending on the level of stretch/compression you need, jumbo spandex on the matte side or ponte for the suit. gabardine is a broad category and you want to ensure you get a fabric with a good hand and that can color match the boots and trunks and emblem. The key thing with the cape is the structure. Ensure you have a maker who knows how it should be made and integrate with the suit.

That suit looks quite simple, but there a a lot of factors to consider, and they add up. HTH and good luck with the build.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back