Interest Christopher Reeve Superman - 4 inches tall figure *NOW PAINTED* with Kenner / Palitoy style cardbacks and other superheroes!

Finally finished the Wonder Woman cardback. This was the toughest of them all - trying to find approrpiately posed / sized images. My wife says that I intentionally struggled with it so I could spend more time looking at Lynda Carter Wonder Woman photos on google. Ha ha.
Here it is - the last back of the last figure card.

Attachments

• Palitoy-Wonder Woman Card-Front-and-Back.jpg
    Palitoy-Wonder Woman Card-Front-and-Back.jpg
    744.1 KB · Views: 152
I wonder if there would be more interest in these with Kenner logo instead?

Attachments

• Palitoy-Batman Card-Front-Kenner.jpg
    Palitoy-Batman Card-Front-Kenner.jpg
    157.8 KB · Views: 94
I spent some time putting the Kenner logos onto all the cards. For the 1977 & 1978 cards, I also included the "LP - Long Playing Toy" logo. For the 1980 cards (Flash, Ming, Superman II and General Zod), I removed the "LP" logo because Kenner had stopped putting it onto their figures by that time. Enjoy and let me know if you're interested. (I know, I know - I forgot to edit the file name to say "Kenner". Ha ha).

Attachments

• Palitoy-Batman Card-Front-Kenner.jpg
    Palitoy-Batman Card-Front-Kenner.jpg
    158.3 KB · Views: 195
  • Palitoy-Catwoman Card-Front-Kenner.jpg
    Palitoy-Catwoman Card-Front-Kenner.jpg
    211.5 KB · Views: 188
  • Palitoy-Flash Gordon Card-Front-Kenner.jpg
    Palitoy-Flash Gordon Card-Front-Kenner.jpg
    197 KB · Views: 133
  • Palitoy-General Zod Card-Front-Kenner.jpg
    Palitoy-General Zod Card-Front-Kenner.jpg
    193 KB · Views: 165
  • Palitoy-Hulk Card-Front-Kenner.jpg
    Palitoy-Hulk Card-Front-Kenner.jpg
    204.1 KB · Views: 107
  • Palitoy-Spider Man Card-Front-Kenner.jpg
    Palitoy-Spider Man Card-Front-Kenner.jpg
    161 KB · Views: 144
  • Palitoy-Robin Card-Front-Kenner.jpg
    Palitoy-Robin Card-Front-Kenner.jpg
    160.5 KB · Views: 158
  • Palitoy-Ming Card-Front-Kenner-Opt2.jpg
    Palitoy-Ming Card-Front-Kenner-Opt2.jpg
    232.5 KB · Views: 142
  • Palitoy-Ming Card-Front-Kenner-Opt1.jpg
    Palitoy-Ming Card-Front-Kenner-Opt1.jpg
    219.8 KB · Views: 150
  • Palitoy-Lex Luthor Card-Front-Kenner.jpg
    Palitoy-Lex Luthor Card-Front-Kenner.jpg
    170.7 KB · Views: 147
  • Palitoy-Superman Card-Front-Kenner.jpg
    Palitoy-Superman Card-Front-Kenner.jpg
    210.1 KB · Views: 149
  • Palitoy-Superman II Card-Front-Kenner.jpg
    Palitoy-Superman II Card-Front-Kenner.jpg
    165.7 KB · Views: 187
  • Palitoy-Wonder Woman Card-Front-Kenner.jpg
    Palitoy-Wonder Woman Card-Front-Kenner.jpg
    214.8 KB · Views: 136
Last edited:
First test print of the Chris Reeve Superman 3D figure. VERY happy with how this is turning out. If there's no interest in these, I'll ask for the thread to be closed but just wanted to show how it's looking.

Attachments

• 20200801_115425.jpg
    20200801_115425.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 200
  • 20200801_114923-1.jpg
    20200801_114923-1.jpg
    273.7 KB · Views: 185
  • 20200801_115826-1.jpg
    20200801_115826-1.jpg
    568.8 KB · Views: 231
  • 20200801_121320.jpg
    20200801_121320.jpg
    223.2 KB · Views: 191
  • 20200801_121418.jpg
    20200801_121418.jpg
    206.4 KB · Views: 174
  • 20200801_121538.jpg
    20200801_121538.jpg
    194.8 KB · Views: 188
  • 20200801_121810-1.jpg
    20200801_121810-1.jpg
    349.2 KB · Views: 180
Killer sculpt. I know I’d be in for the Superman figure on the card. Are you doing other figures or just Sup? I might pick up a few other cards if I can find figures to put in them.

Having seen this prototype and the whole range of backing cards Chris has produced firsthand I can't express enough what a superb job he's done on them. The diligence to obtain just the right weight and thickness for the cards alone (without compromising on the image quality) shows the dedication to making these as authentic a match to vintage cardbacks as can be. And what can I say about the 3D print of the Reeve figure except that he's managed to produce a better likeness with better proportions and accurate costume than most licensed offerings - In hand its a joy to behold and when painted will look even better. This is a great project and I wish Chris every success with it..!

Thanks guys and it was a real treat to meet up with Marin-El (I took the cards and figure over to his place before we headed out to the cinema to watch the first presentation of the 4K Restored Flash Gordon which looked absolutely superb).
It was also really encouraging to see his son's reaction to the carded figure who replied "YES PLEASE" when his Dad asked if he'd like one of them. HA HA.

It was my intention to do as many of the other figures as possible, but the fantsatic 3d modeler who has done the Reeve has landed a great new job working on the Call of Duty games so wants to focus on learning his new job before he can come back to re-visit this project. I'm in no rush though as the end result of the Reeve is outstanding. Good things come to those who wait. LOL.
There's certainly a whole lot of figures produced by other companies that act as great "stand-ins" to display with the cards. I'm currently using the Funko Adam West Batman, Burt Ward Robin and Julie Newmar Catwoman figures as well as the Bif Bang Pow Flash and Ming. For Spider-Man, I'm using an older Hasbro version which has good colours and 5 points of articulation and a similarly style Wonder Woman which has long legs and a tiny waist like Lynda Carter's physique. Only the Hulk and Lex Luthor remain empty in my set at the moment.

Killer sculpt. I know I’d be in for the Superman figure on the card. Are you doing other figures or just Sup? I might pick up a few other cards if I can find figures to put in them.

Last edited:
This is fantastic! I’m a huge Superman figure collector, mostly 6in. but this looks wonderful! Interested in a Superman figure on a card for sure!

Last edited:
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back