Chopper Alternate death and other

Mr Black

I always felt the Chopper from AVP: 2004 didn't get enough screen time so I came up with my own little "What if?" screen play for him.

Brotherly love:As the Brothers climb the steps of the Pyramid Chopper speaks to Celtic, (in their native language of course) Chopper has a sort of anxious tone to his matter of speaking and begins suggesting ideas and is doubtful of Scar's skill and capability due to him being the youngest of the three. Celtic looks over his shoulder to see if Scar has yet to rejoin them, he sees that Scar is still a flight or two behind them so he turns back to his conversation with Chopper and grunts as if to Dismiss Chopper's ideas and or thoughts.

Face Hugger and Insane Weyland Employee:As the Brothers ambush Charles Weyland's Fleeing group, the temple begins reconfiguring as predicted. Celtic examines Stone's corpse and kicks aside his G36 assault rifle. Chopper hears a scream and moves towards the sound, he jumps into an secret compartment and sees an insane Welyand Employee running towards him. The Employee has not seen him and bumps into him. Chopper lifts him up by his neck, activates has wrist blade and collects his head. Before he can stick the man's head onto one of the pikes on his back, a Face Hugger appears out of the corner of his eye. As it leaps towards him, he catches it and crushes it with his hand.

Heroic Death:Chopper activates his wrist blade about kill Lex when he sees Lex's terrified face. She appears to be looking at something behind him, he quickly whirls around to see Grid crawling out of a hole behind him. Just as Grid lunges at him he grabs Grid by the neck and tosses Grid to the floor. Grid rises up but in stead of engaging Chopper, he notices that Celtic is vulnerable. Grid quickly scales the ceiling and rushes at Celtic. Chopper, catching on to what Grid has planned rushes to aid his preoccupied brother. Chopper quickly shoves his brother to the ground out of Grid's reach. Celtic now on the ground, turns to face his brother. He sees Grid's tail piercing through Chopper's chest, only seconds after gaining a view of the situation. Grid tosses Chopper's body aside as Celtic rises to his feet ready to engage his brother's murderer, the battle has now begun between Celtic and Grid.

I think chopper was just in it to make up the numbers really, i never much liked how his death was handled... 50ft tail anyone? but i dont really care about him. Personally, i think the main missed opportunity in AVP was celtic, his and scars roles in the film should have been reversed. Celtic should have been the main pred.

You would wonder if Chopper and Celtic even cared about Scar because he was on his own when the other two were going after Weyland. You'd think at least Chopper would go with Scar considering he's the youngest.

You would wonder if Chopper and Celtic even cared about Scar because he was on his own when the other two were going after Weyland. You'd think at least Chopper would go with Scar considering he's the youngest.
I don’t think it’s so much a matter of the chopper pred. and the Celtic pred. not caring about scar as it is a matter of them not wishing to “interfere” in scar’s “hunt”
I think there is some unspoken rule that forbids another pred to interfere, for the better or worse with another pred’s hunt.
This seems to be a common thing in the predator films. P2’s ship mates stood by in the ship and watched as Danny beat him ( P2) down. The Falconer? pred. stood by and watched as the crazy con. shanked Mr. black…
~Estelle

I think chopper was just in it to make up the numbers really, i never much liked how his death was handled... 50ft tail anyone? but i dont really care about him. Personally, i think the main missed opportunity in AVP was celtic, his and scars roles in the film should have been reversed. Celtic should have been the main pred.

I couldnt agree with you more even though celtic died twards the beginning of the film hes still my favorite pred.

I think it boils down to this. You see the movie start and notice that the Celtic is the leader of the group, so right away we think that he's the main pred in the group. We think he will be the one at the end, but he dies quickly. Scar then takes place as lead pred giving us the sense that "the one who we thought least is the actual main pred". But personally, I think the main pred at the end should have been Celtic. I think they chose Scar because he basically had a P1 bio.

I think it boils down to this. You see the movie start and notice that the Celtic is the leader of the group, so right away we think that he's the main pred in the group. We think he will be the one at the end, but he dies quickly. Scar then takes place as lead pred giving us the sense that "the one who we thought least is the actual main pred". But personally, I think the main pred at the end should have been Celtic. I think they chose Scar because he basically had a P1 bio.

Beat me to it.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back