Chip’n Dale: Rescue Rangers 2022

Not sure how I feel about this. Do like seeing the chipmunks make a comeback and wish it was more straight reboot than this more meta narrative but the idea is interesting and bringing back old characters like Roger is nice.

My biggest gripe is the voices though. Grew up with rescue rangers so the chipmunks’ high pitched voices are iconic. I especially hate how Mulaney and Samburg dont even affect their voices to be different. It sounds like Mulaney and Samburg playing washed up actors rather than Chip and Dale trying to get their groove back.

Not just this movie, why does Hollywood decide to go celebrity when choosing voices instead of getting legitimate VAs. I really do think getting celebrities to voice characters is just bloating the budget for a subpar performance unless you get someone really talented whose voice is iconic and fits the character.

...My biggest gripe is the voices though. Grew up with rescue rangers so the chipmunks’ high pitched voices are iconic... It sounds like Mulaney and Samburg playing washed up actors...

They are playing washed up actors. That's the plot of the movie. The toons and stuff are actors in TV shows. Not real world heroes and stuff. This is them using chip and dale to try and make a roger rabbit movie in modern times.

They are playing washed up actors. That's the plot of the movie. The toons and stuff are actors in TV shows. Not real world heroes and stuff. This is them using chip and dale to try and make a roger rabbit movie in modern times.
Maybe I didnt state my point correctly. It sounds like Adam Sandburg and John Mulaney playing themselves as washed up actors in a Chip and Dale paint over as opposed to Chip and Dale as washed up actors because their voices are distinct and not at all like Chip and Dale. Remove the Chip and Dale imagery and you get the same movie.

Yes, you can make a movie about Chip and Dale being washed up but try to make their voices like the original. Maybe deeper because of age and stress but retain Chip’s manner of speaking while Dale interchanging between his “professional” high energy voice with a contrasting sophisticated voice or something. Voice acting is a skill and its unfortunate that corporate America doesnt recognize its value, thinking that they can just add celebrities with no voice acting training take roles and that will fill seats. Might work for a new IP like Sing but for established Disney characters who already have iconic voices that were developed by professional voice actors, seems to be a slap in the face for the profession and their fans.

Imagine if there is a new movie starring Mickey or Yoda with a new voice by Pete Davidson who just sounds like Pete Davidson or some other “in” celebrity at the time. Ignoring the iconic laugh or speech pattern.

Well, that wasn't expected...but I do like that they are making fun of the whole stupid reboot/bad effects thing.
I hope it works out.
I loved the NES game. Still play it from time to time, although been a while now....probably listen to its soundtrack more actually.
Nerd Power!

I don't know. Hearing Seth Rogen's pothead voice in a CG dwarf really lost my goodwill for this flick. Hope to be pleasantly surprised.

BTW: I'm guessing there will be an "in universe" explanation why they don't sound like their high pitched younger selves.

b35.jpg

Well, that wasn't expected...but I do like that they are making fun of the whole stupid reboot/bad effects thing.
I hope it works out.
I loved the NES game. Still play it from time to time, although been a while now....probably listen to its soundtrack more actually.
Nerd Power!

OH my God, I just remembered the computer game I had. it was terrible and simplistic and dumb, but man I enjoyed playing it. lol

Lol! I’m the only one excited for this lol

Nah, I think it'll be more than worth the proverbial "$15 ticket". Is this going to be some sort of masterpiece? Not likely, but movies don't have to be perfect magical things to be worth the hour and a half and $15 to watch them. They don't even have to be the best use of $15 and an hour and a half.

It has the potential to be something really fun and special, but it doesn't need to be.

OH my God, I just remembered the computer game I had. it was terrible and simplistic and dumb, but man I enjoyed playing it. lol

Nah, I think it'll be more than worth the proverbial "$15 ticket". Is this going to be some sort of masterpiece? Not likely, but movies don't have to be perfect magical things to be worth the hour and a half and $15 to watch them. They don't even have to be the best use of $15 and an hour and a half.

It has the potential to be something really fun and special, but it doesn't need to be.
Exactly, I think I’m just more excited for the roger rabbit cameo

Plot speculation, Gadget has been kidnapped by some sort of obsessed Gadget worshiping cult (and there is some real world inspiration for that, unfortunately). But I could totally see some subversion/twist when they actually arrive to rescue her.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back