Chingachook's War Club - Hero Prop

PHArchivist

Master Member
By request...

This is mine - a Propstore purchase, and a cornerstone of my collection. One of two wooden hero clubs made for the film, so I am told.

More later...

attachment.php

I have to wonder if thats the one that killed Magua? Awesome -Last of the Mohicans is one of my favourite movies of all time! Thanks so much for sharing a pic of this!
Mike

I have to wonder if thats the one that killed Magua? Awesome -Last of the Mohicans is one of my favourite movies of all time! Thanks so much for sharing a pic of this!
Mike

Probably not - at least not for any contact shots, as this one is actually wood. The prop that actually "killed" Magua was likley foam rubber.

Awesome piece! Do you think the blade was removed by The Prop Store for liability reasons before selling it?

Here's a couple pictures of my foam rubber stunt version (sorry for the lousy cellphone photos). It wasn't cared for very well after filming, as the blade is snapped off and missing along with the leather sling.

Is it the actual deathclub from the final scene? Not knowing how many of these were made for the movie, it's at least a very real possibility. Now if only I could find a way to get it signed by Russell Means and Wes Studi.

Its pretty amazing how exact the finish is to the wooden version. Can't really tell them apart.

Awesome piece! Do you think the blade was removed by The Prop Store for liability reasons before selling it?

Here's a couple pictures of my foam rubber stunt version (sorry for the lousy cellphone photos). It wasn't cared for very well after filming, as the blade is snapped off and missing along with the leather sling.

Is it the actual deathclub from the final scene? Not knowing how many of these were made for the movie, it's at least a very real possibility. Now if only I could find a way to get it signed by Russell Means and Wes Studi.

Always great to see that Piece Rob!

If you waited any longer I was going to snap that one up!

McGruff you have a great Piece there to! :thumbsup

I worked on the film in NC as an extra and I can't say for sure how many they made, but I do remember seeing at least 4 rubber ones and 2 wooden ones laid out in a bin at the armory truck. Somewhere I have a photo of Wes Studi chopping at my neck with one and the truck and bin are in the background. I own a couple of clubs from the film, which I purchased later after they were reused on a TNT production and sold off at it's completion, but they are all background huron clubs of various designs. I can try and post some pics later if I can track them down. Always wish I'd snagged one of the hero clubs when I had the chance...it's amazing how much stuff walked off that set. People were stashing guns, clothes, even tents in bushes and coming back for them for months after the production ended. Reenactors are crazy!

OH, MAN!!! :eek

Great score! Whenever I can get a working bandsaw again, I'm gonna have to pester you for a tracing of that! :D

Congrats!

-Sarge

Just in case you're considering getting an engraved plaque made for the piece, the correct spelling of his name is Chingachgook.
Awesome piece by the way and congrats.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back