Chinese Iron Man glove?

Discussion in 'Marvel Costumes and Props' started by ShaunDark80, Mar 11, 2014.

1. ShaunDark80

ShaunDark80 Well-Known Member

Has anyone seen this on ebay?

glove.jpg

Looks pretty good for £20. Even if it's just used for the fingers. I'm hoping there's a matching left glove out there somewhere.

George likes this.
  2. ironmaided

ironmaided Sr Member

George likes this.
  3. AFDesigns

AFDesigns Active Member

that's cool, but is it only for the right hand?

4. ShaunDark80

Looks that way - I'll keep searching for a lefty.

5. STEALTH

STEALTH Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Apparently they're awful from people I know that have got them.
    Also, they have no interest in producing a left as someone contacted then directly.

6. Thoramyre

Thoramyre Jr Member

Looks about as comfortable as wearing a rubber glove all day could possibly be. Imagine how sweaty your hand would get...odd they are only making the right hand. Just plain weird.

7. Kevin Gossett

Kevin Gossett Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

It looks to me like they just recast the wall light in rubber, which is why they won't do a left

[​IMG]

Thoramyre and ShaunDark80 like this.
  8. Fly4v

Fly4v Sr Member

The single glove is from the final fight in IM1.
    Tony only had his right glove, he had tossed the left away. :wacko

9. Blackout

Blackout Active Member

There are subtle differences between the wall light and theirs, for instance the ribs between the fingers are smaller and more tightly placed.
    Has anyone splashed out and can tell us a bit more?

Edit: Surely you could wear a glove under the rubber to reduce sweatyness?

Last edited: Mar 12, 2014
    ironmaided likes this.
  10. ShaunDark80

I've ordered two, with the intention of using the fingers with a 3d printed palm.

i also ordered some fabric MK7 gloves to wear under these.

11. Blackout

Blackout Active Member

ShaunDark80 , let me know how they work out, i'm interested to use the fingers myself. Could you also tell us some of the dimensions? :)

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2018
  12. ShaunDark80

13. Lee Jun Ki

Lee Jun Ki New Member

1911660_10152022203584102_157636440_n.jpg MOD It to............ ^_^

14. Agent Coulson

Agent Coulson Member

Interesting idea. I'm curious to see how it all comes together...

Lee Jun Ki likes this.
  15. ShaunDark80

2014-03-24 12.11.47.jpg 2014-03-24 12.13.55.jpg 2014-03-24 12.22.27.jpg 2014-03-24 12.11.36.jpg

Hi All

Two gloves just arrived. I think they look quite nice, but as wearable gloves are pretty useless. The first pick shows the maximum range of movement.

They do fit quite nicely though (I normally take a large glove), and I hope to combine they with some 3D printed parts to make a working glove.

Attached Files:

ironmaided and The Dark One like this.
  16. brand

brand Active Member

They look pretty cool!!!

- Can they be painted?
    - How much they cost?
    - What about their exact sizes?

The oinly idea I have at the moment is to cut them into pieces, removing the rubber between the finger pieces and then glue everything back on a fabric glove. I would use the rest of the glove to make some patterns for an accurate and easy foam reproduction.

I did something similar with my iron patriot glove and it works like a charm. In terms of movement it feels even better than a ski-glove. There's a thread about this technique somewhere here in the forum. It's probably called "easy hands by....".

17. Blackout

Blackout Active Member

What about cutting the upper join between the finger parts? (blue lines on pic)
    Surely that would allow you to move freely?
    Only thing you then have to think about how to ensure the slit does not rip any further. You could cut all the way around, and then glue the lower (ribbed) section back together, at least then it's quite likely the glue will give before the material does.

thoughts?
    cut here.png

18. xexon

xexon New Member

Is just my glove all sticky rubber? Seem not to be the best soft pvc material.

19. kenlandrum

kenlandrum Sr Member

I have one of these... measured it up against the studio model and it was just about on the money.

20. brand

brand Active Member

Well.....so sorry for necroposting but since now they sell these guys in pairs for 30 euros, I'd like to get one.

I've seen a youtube video but it's not very well detailed. My hand is 19cm long from the wrist to middle finger. Judging from what I see int he picture they sould fit.

Have you ever tried to wear them with a thin fabric glove on?

21. Warmachine2000

Warmachine2000 Active Member

These gloves are pretty big ( I wear a size medium work glove under mine) so I would be surprised if they didn't fit.

22. brand

brand Active Member

Well. Sorry for necroposting again on the same thread. I managed to get a pair pf these gloves from wish.com (for free, I got a complete refund because they had the paint completely messed up).

Anyway, they are too big for me, but I can save the fingers.

First problem: NO GLUE works. Hot glue, super glue, contact cement. Nothing seem to be able to stick to this plastic. I still have to try epoxy glue. Any suggestion?

Second problem: I'm afraid that the same thing goes for the paint. Or, since they are painted, maybe plastidip could be alble to stick to the original paint.

23. DrCyanide

DrCyanide Member

They're flexible and nothing sticks to them... could the ones you got be a silicone cast?

24. sparrowfan

sparrowfan Well-Known Member

had one of these, used the fingers to go with my own palm

25. brand

brand Active Member

I managed to split them apart, trimmed where they had to be trimmed and glued them to a pair of black ardening gloves. Those gloves are coated in thin rubber.

I sanded the interior of the chinese gloves before applying loctite+accelerator. It seemed to work fine. I don't know how long it will last .

It's a glue that claims to be able to glue any kind of plastic, included polyXXXX plastics.

I don't know if there's a solvent that works better.

- - - Updated - - -

I might have found someting that sticks to that **** plastic they used to make the gloves.

26. sparrowfan

sparrowfan Well-Known Member

This is my suit back in the days with the fingers from that chinese glove. its pretty good! only thing is that it is just the right hand. so its awkward if i put the fingers in the left hand.
    the palm is my own with eva foam.

10348893_312383515592532_8028656744870988094_o.jpg

27. a1337002251

a1337002251 New Member

It only sells about 2-3 dollars in China.