Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It was disappointing.

• It was bad.

• Total voters

JoMamma_Smurf

Master Member
Ummmm... No.. no.. no... no. I didn't even know this was a thing and there's a trailer?? You never even hear his voice. I'm sick of this crap.

I know what the problem is...

6EE5A0A5-8E2B-47BE-B26E-705B554E095B.png

A child's play remake isn't the worst thing. I wouldn't mind them starting over and having less camp than the originals; with that said I prefer the super natural angle but will give this a watch.

When the first film released there were giant boy-Doll-Toys on the shelves- IIRC they were called "My Buddy" or something like that. They were pretty creepy just sitting there and the movie turning one of those into a roving killer had some impact.
No real equivalent out there these days to be relatable to

When the first film released there were giant boy-Doll-Toys on the shelves- IIRC they were called "My Buddy" or something like that. They were pretty creepy just sitting there and the movie turning one of those into a roving killer had some impact.
No real equivalent out there these days to be relatable to
You've never been to American Girl then ;)

Obviously they are not the exactly the same, I didn't mean to imply you thought so.
My point is that the American Girl dolls, while large, are still smaller than the My Buddy dolls. One is a large Barbie style but My Buddy was intended to be an almost surrogate playmate

Obviously they are not the exactly the same, I didn't mean to imply you thought so.
My point is that the American Girl dolls, while large, are still smaller than the My Buddy dolls. One is a large Barbie style but My Buddy was intended to be an almost surrogate playmate
I think we're splitting hairs here

from what I've caught in trailer's that chucky face look's horrible, a mish mash with michael meyer's? and I think it's Mark Hamill's voice?? the red eyes is just to friggin much... Boo.... pass... o_O

Yeah, the new face is intentionally made to be scary, which makes it a bit dull, while the original was made to look almost cherubic and friendly. It is after all called "Good Guy Dolls."

Saw the trailer. This looks more like big tech gone bad than the possession story we got in the original series. Looks like the tech going bad affects an entire town too. Pass.

***edit***
I don't know why half my post is in bold letters. It wasn't for emphasis on my part. I can't unbold them now either.

Last edited:
Just back from it... can't say I hated or loved it. Nothing special, maybe 6 1/2. One downfall was the terrible Chucky doll, I can't believe that's what they went with.

I was going to vote in the poll, but the best option available was:

"It was okay. Not too pleased with it."

I'm not really sure what that means, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense. It seems to contradict itself... I found Child's Play to be okay, I was somewhat pleased with it.

lol yeah we have never seen a movie about big tech going wild with red eyes etc. they gotta update it so everyone with a smart phone robot vaccume get's paranoid. so is that 6 1/2 on a scale to 100? ;)

Entertainment has always repeated and rebooted itself. The original Child's Play is 30 years old and while I wish the reboot was a bit better than what we got... I've got no problem with them remaking the film.

The incessant fanboy whining about reboots and remakes on the other hand...

fans whine when they reboot a movie with crap, what was better A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET or the REEBOOT? Just my opinion tho... being 48 year's old.... and growing up with all the OG movies... :unsure:

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back