Chief Jim Hopper Costume and Props Thread

pinder91

Sr Member
After a year of research and looking at still photos I figured out what boots Jim hopper wore in season 1 and season 2. They look like red wings 877 or 10877. But the color never matched, there is some extra stitching on the inside of the boot, and the upper leather texture was different than red wings. They are Woolrich Speculator boots. I order a pair and I will let you guys know how the fit of them are if anyone is interested.
That is a fantastic find! This is something that's been quietly bothering me for years. Now the real question is do they fit like Red Wings? I had to go a full size down with my 877s (thankfully they were purchased years before Stranger Things for another costume).

trentonc93

That is a fantastic find! This is something that's been quietly bothering me for years. Now the real question is do they fit like Red Wings? I had to go a full size down with my 877s (thankfully they were purchased years before Stranger Things for another costume).
On my red wing 877 and 10877 I always order a 10D. Once broke in they fit perfect. i would have a little room in the front of the toes. From my big toe to the end of the red wing I would have less than half inch. I order a 10D on the speculators and they are a little more snug than red wing. Which I like better! Depending on what type of sock you wear I would say stick with red wing sizing or half size up. Everyone feet is different. Online they say true to fit. Thorogood makes the boots for Woolrich. I would advise trying to find a shoe store that sells thorogood moc toes and try them on. These boots are no longer for sale so you have to buy them from eBay or from a seller like that. So be careful and use your best judgment. You got to think they have liner inside of the boots to keep your feet warm. Once you break in these boots it gives that nice brown look like in season 2. If it wasn’t for season 2 showing the boots more I would never figured it out. That inside stitching really helped!!!!

trentonc93

Idk what size you wear but this might help. In nike shoes like the Cortez I wear a 11 and sometimes I wear 11 and half. I have two pairs of Clark desert boots and they are both 10 and half. I have a pair of Justin cowboy boots that are size 10. My red wings are 10 and my speculator are size 10. Sometimes I feel like I could wear a 9 and half in red wings because I have just a little toe room.

pinder91

Sr Member
That's actually really helpful information. Thanks!
Just like you I'm a half size down from my usual in Clarks and a full size down in Red Wings.

Dr Jones Sr

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
After a year of research and looking at still photos I figured out what boots Jim hopper wore in season 1 and season 2. They look like red wings 877 or 10877. But the color never matched, there is some extra stitching on the inside of the boot, and the upper leather texture was different than red wings. They are Woolrich Speculator boots. I order a pair and I will let you guys know how the fit of them are if anyone is interested.
Dude that is awesome!

I know when I was looking at boots I came across Thorogoods in the correct dark brown with a similar tread pattern to Hopper's, but I didn't pay close attention to the stitching or other details.

By the way, you look familiar. Did we meet at FanX?

qLZytIb.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.