Chewie, we're home!

I'm hoping this is still just a jacket, not the coat. Comparing Finn's leather jacket to the original design sketch, the two are really similar. While Han's coat design and the jacket above are quite different. The first concept above seems to have him wearing a vest as well... maybe he'll have a costume change?

I'm hoping this is still just a jacket, not the coat. Comparing Finn's leather jacket to the original design sketch, the two are really similar. While Han's coat design and the jacket above are quite different. The first concept above seems to have him wearing a vest as well... maybe he'll have a costume change?

If I was forced to bet, I would say that in the trailer, he is wearing a vest under his coat. I don't think the coat is replacing his vest, simply layering over it. Simply a guess.

btw: I like Finn's jacket.

Last edited:
Well, based on the Vanity Fair photo shoot video, it's definitely short jacket, very plain back and sleeves. Should be a piece of cake to replicate.

So, he says "We're Home."

I asked myself "Where IS that?"

Are they on Correllian?
Tattooine?
Wookiee Home World?

Where is "Home"

Well here's one weird (and probably wrong) theory I came up with... The Falcon is home and they had to reclaim it from some bad guys that have had it in their possession for quite some time.

The Falcon was my guess too. As others have said, either it was abandoned for some reason or perhaps stolen. The fact they have their weapons drawn, lead me to believe they haven't been aboard in a while.

Months ago, rumors stated that Han was no long in possession of the falcon at the beginning of the movie. My guess is that Rey has it. For obvious reasons if you been reading other rumors. So to further guess, I think Han and Chewie were sent to help the new heroes and when they got to the location of the falcon, they either had to deal with adversaries or suspected adversaries aboard the falcon. Once things were all clear, Han got to enjoy his surroundings in which you hear him make his statement. Like I said, just a guess.

I love it.

There was also talk of chewie having a mechanised hand.
Chewie does look allot younger.. if you look at rotj he had lost allot of hair around the lip area, particularly the lower lip. Also around the forearm area the hair was patchy at best. He looks more squinty eyed in the trailer as opposed to the vanity fair cover.

I would love to take a closer look at the mask

I don't mean to be an ass but... Where have you been? Disney and LFL came out with a press release shortly after the transition saying that all EU is now considered non-cannon and there was a lot of discussion about it here and around the web. The new books and comics that came out last fall are canon (reprints of old material is labeled Legends which equals non-canon). The new EU is now monitored and planned accordingly so that stories fall in line with what was and will be established and not conflict.

The fandom was split. Some felt pissed because they spent so much time and money invested in the EU. There was fans like me who stopped following EU because... sorry if I upset you... was pretty much crap.

Thank God. I tried to get into some of that EU stuff, I really did but i couldn't because you're pretty much spot on; it's rubbish. I read that book where Chewie dies (some bosh about a moon colliding with a planet he was on or some other dross) and it was awful. It seemed to share that in common with all the other Star Wars books I tried to read. They were so badly written I struggled to comprehend what on earth was going on.

This is great news.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back