Chewbacca ROTS (completed)

Re: Chewbacca ROTS (work in progress)

For what seems like such a basic face shape it's proving a lot harder than it looks. Whatever about the actual skull and face, how the hair is layed is what really sets it apart but of course it is important to have both.

That's what I thought too. I thought this was going to be a simple sculpt that for some reason people couldn't get right, until I started. Why can't someone just get the molds that were used to make the original Chewbacca and then mass produce them!!!!!!

Picture removed per DF's request. My apologies to him for posting in the first place.

Last edited:

steveo your sculpt looks like it could be on its way to be a winner,
it's so very important to get to correct hair laid on in the correct way to acheive a good result
good luck and start a new post so we can follow your progress mate.

Wow, Dougie, I hadn't checked on this in a while.. Man it's a real BEAUTY! Lovin the mask work too, the face sculpt alone was great but the underskull is just nuts!

Have made huge progress on the mask!

Face sculpt moulded and cast
Teeth moulded and cast
Upper skull moulded
Lower mandible yet to be moulded

But at this point I want to wait till it's finished before I post any more pics!
That includes hair punching!

Man, that's awesome ;) I really like the ROTS version too with real toes instead of the earlier feet that looked like shoes with claws.

Keep up the good work.

really am enjoying this project, looking forward very much to seeing this completed great work sir :thumbsup

Re: Wookiee costume

I am a 51 year old, first generation SW fan. I was 18 in 1977 and have seen SW evolve from it's very beginning. Which for me was a tiny paragraph accompanied by two McQuarrie paintings in a 1976 issue of STARLOG magazine.
I'm dissapointed by the new trilogy. It's just sad. :cry I think if I was Frank Oz, I would never have sullied my hands on that E1 Yoda puppet. :angry That thing still makes my skin crawl.
I could go on for days about this, but I'll wrap it up by saying A: The new SW is no longer for us first generation fans. B: Lucas has become the very studio monster that he fought against decades ago. C: Artistically, the Vader suit in E3 SHOULD have been a show-room new version of the E4 suit. D: The E3 new fighter ships SHOULD have been factory-fresh X-WINGS!:angry
Ok. I'm done.
You guys take it easy and may the ORIGINAL Force be with you...!

P.S.: GREAT work on the Wookie! That amount of hair is just way too much for me to want to tackle. Besides, I'm busy working on my T-600 Terminator for DragonCon...!:cool

I am a 51 year old, first generation SW fan. I was 18 in 1977 and have seen SW evolve from it's very beginning. Which for me was a tiny paragraph accompanied by two McQuarrie paintings in a 1976 issue of STARLOG magazine.
I'm dissapointed by the new trilogy. It's just sad. :cry I think if I was Frank Oz, I would never have sullied my hands on that E1 Yoda puppet. :angry That thing still makes my skin crawl.
I could go on for days about this, but I'll wrap it up by saying A: The new SW is no longer for us first generation fans. B: Lucas has become the very studio monster that he fought against decades ago. C: Artistically, the Vader suit in E3 SHOULD have been a show-room new version of the E4 suit. D: The E3 new fighter ships SHOULD have been factory-fresh X-WINGS!:angry
Ok. I'm done.
You guys take it easy and may the ORIGINAL Force be with you...!

Sorry didn't realize this thread was a OT vs prequel debate!! :confused

Back to the topic.....:confused

I would dare say that this build is cooler than my r2.......almost :love

Just amazing work sir!

hey dougie, we know your keeping the mask under wraps untill u r done with hair etc, but hey how about a sneaky little peek ....:love

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back