Chewbacca ROTS (completed)

Re: Chewbacca ROTS (work in progress)

Your next two projects should be a bowcaster and then a partially assembled C-3po to wear on your back. Just sayin'.

broken up c3po add on would be awsome, also very easy to add lighting by the way of rice lights (eyes) and randon 3po sounds + phrases by way of mp3 how about servo controlled head movement on the 3po ok ok now i'm getting carried away:rolleyes

broken up c3po add on would be awsome, also very easy to add lighting by the way of rice lights (eyes) and randon 3po sounds + phrases by way of mp3 how about servo controlled head movement on the 3po ok ok now i'm getting carried away:rolleyes

Nobody would want one more than me but it would have to be vac formed, fibreglass would be too heavy. God knows the suit would be hot enough without a tonne weight on your back.

Last edited:

How are you keeping the pants up. Will you attached them to pants or will the elastic be enough on the top ?

and if you offer the head mask pieces let me know .I am very interested. Between yours and ducks..man i know what i want to do with my extra tax money

I am more impressed how Doug is not hiding anything with the build and it looks more straight forward. Except for the head everything looks much easier with Doug explaining and basically helping everyone out. It seems more of a cost in time than anything. I have to tip my hat to Doug for just explaining and tutoring everyone for future builds . I was just thinking about making a bust and having Ducks head as just a display but now I think the whole build is possible. Thanks Doug

Also what about the hands ? are they normal human hands ?

Last edited:

How are you keeping the pants up. Will you attached them to pants or will the elastic be enough on the top ?

and if you offer the head mask pieces let me know .I am very interested. Between yours and ducks..man i know what i want to do with my extra tax money

I am more impressed how Doug is not hiding anything with the build and it looks more straight forward. Except for the head everything looks much easier with Doug explaining and basically helping everyone out. It seems more of a cost in time than anything. I have to tip my hat to Doug for just explaining and tutoring everyone for future builds . I was just thinking about making a bust and having Ducks head as just a display but now I think the whole build is possible. Thanks Doug

Also what about the hands ? are they normal human hands ?

I have an elasticated waistband but it will need either braces or quick release buckles to keep them up.

The whole costume build is definitely more time consuming than anything. Costs depend greatly on what materials u use. I'm using jesmonite for the underskull, it's a non toxic resin that is relatively cheap. But I'll be using plasil gel 10 on the mask, it's one of the most expensive silicones around.
I'm not going to use dental acrylic on the teeth for a couple of reasons: it's too expensive and it stinks to high heaven (makes me feel ill), they won't be in my own mouth so it doesn't matter what they are made from. Will be able to achieve the same look with jesmonite too.

I'm just going to use black latex gloves for the hands with disposable cotton glove liners. Had punched hair into one of them but it really wasn't necessary.

Should be getting a delivery of RTV silicone 30 tomorrow to begin the skull moulds.

Last edited:

Awesome work man! Can't wait to see more.

Keep the work, this ROTS chewie will just be amazing!

I have an elasticated waistband but it will need either braces or quick release buckles to keep them up.

The whole costume build is definitely more time consuming than anything. Costs depend greatly on what materials u use. I'm using jesmonite for the underskull, it's a non toxic resin that is relatively cheap. But I'll be using plasil gel 10 on the mask, it's one of the most expensive silicones around.
I'm not going to use dental acrylic on the teeth for a couple of reasons: it's too expensive and it stinks to high heaven (makes me feel ill), they won't be in my own mouth so it doesn't matter what they are made from. Will be able to achieve the same look with jesmonite too.

I'm just going to use black latex gloves for the hands with disposable cotton glove liners. Had punched hair into one of them but it really wasn't necessary.

Should be getting a delivery of RTV silicone 30 tomorrow to begin the skull moulds.

suspenders might be an idea.

I found the guy you got your bandolier on ebay from and it looks like a great deal. If i can get that and a barnett I will proceed..lol

So far I've never seen a fan Chewie this accurate. Of course the final judgement is always the head/face :)

So far I've never seen a fan Chewie this accurate. Of course the final judgement is always the head/face :)

I totally agree. I'm getting close to finishing the sculpt on my Chewbacca mask. I'll probably start a thread to get some feedback.

I totally agree. I'm getting close to finishing the sculpt on my Chewbacca mask. I'll probably start a thread to get some feedback.

We're waiting steveo :)

For what seems like such a basic face shape it's proving a lot harder than it looks. Whatever about the actual skull and face, how the hair is layed is what really sets it apart but of course it is important to have both.

Have my RTV silicone now so I'm going to start moulding. I could be here for the rest of my life trying to get a silky smooth finish on the skull, don't think it's absolutely necessary, nice to have a bit of rustic charm:)

We're waiting steveo :)

For what seems like such a basic face shape it's proving a lot harder than it looks. Whatever about the actual skull and face, how the hair is layed is what really sets it apart but of course it is important to have both.

Have my RTV silicone now so I'm going to start moulding. I could be here for the rest of my life trying to get a silky smooth finish on the skull, don't think it's absolutely necessary, nice to have a bit of rustic charm:)
This is the part I am waiting to see, Dougie. I have seen maybe one other person come close to Chewbacca. The rest...well, just wookiees.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back