Chest armor

kandell1

For my female predator, I want to do kind of male armor, with armor plating on the left side of the chest and then leather covering part of the other side. The problem is my boobs.

I'm in the process of making templates for my armor, and I'm not sure how to accommodate my chest. I'm not opposed to just trying things and redoing it a bazillion times, but I figured I would see if anyone had any advice to make the armor-making easier.

Any suggestions on how to make armor to go over boobs?

I'm about to do a full body female Predator costume. I've advised the person the method of doing a duct tape dummy or plaster bandage cast over your "area" and then sculpt on the plaster form.
With the form you can use it as a shape to form sintra, or foamies, or sculpey or pepakura + resin. I usually sculpt with clay and mold over this directly then cast in resin fiberglass.

The best is you can even use the plaster form as your armor, cut it to shape or when plastering - shape it while wet in the form of the armor u want, wait till its dry after few days and it will be featherlight
then coat the whole thing with liquid resin. Spray paint and boom! You're done

I swear plaster bandages are the shizznit! B)

Pastry's chest armor is really cool, although I'd prefer a slightly less feminine look for my armor.

But I'll have to look into that duct tape dummy thing! I helped a friend of mine make one for her cosplay, and it's not too terribly difficult. And my older sister once made a plaster cast of me for an art project, so I have her help too! Thanks, guys ^^

But I'll have to look into that duct tape dummy thing! I helped a friend of mine make one for her cosplay, and it's not too terribly difficult. And my older sister once made a plaster cast of me for an art project, so I have her help too! Thanks, guys ^^

Yeah, that's definitely the route to go. There are some pretty good vids on YouTube, geared towards women and how best to tape "the area", There are actually logical ways to best define the shape acurrately with tap, rahter than just wrapping haphazardly. Just don't forget to include thicknesses for anything you plan on wearing under the piece. Good luck!

My girl possibly may want a pred suit made if mine comes out good. guess who will be busting his ass if thats the case..this guy B) ..haha....
Looks like im gonna have to remedy this boob problem too when it comes to it. Thanks for bringing this up.

I'd recommend the plaster bandages to make a form of the chest rather than try the duct tape dummy. Bobbies are soft and squishy and the form could be easily deformed using duct tape. If you want to be comfortable in the armor and not have your boobs all squashed and pinched, I'd go with the plaster bandages that can form easily over the contours of the chest.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back