Chesapeake area builders group

wynnstudio

IÂ’m about to complete a 720sqf workshop/studio and was thinking of starting a builders group. It is in the Baltimore, MD area and would meet once a month. Once itÂ’s finished it would be outfitted with most needed tools and lots of working space.

So who would be up for this?

Thomas

I like building stuff.

Good timing too. I'm about to have my basement finished and I'm going to temporarily lose alot of my workspace. :)

I'm in. I already know Luke Warmwater from OLG 501st, and Hotshot and I are partners on some model building efforts we plan to market. What do you have in your workshop?

Scott

Still filling it out... but

16 speed floor model Drill press
10" table saw
disk/belt sander
grinder
ban saw
the usual hand tools

45 watt laser cutter :D

Thomas

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(vaderman1701 @ May 3 2006, 08:40 PM) [snapback]1237884[/snapback]</div>
I'm in. I already know Luke Warmwater from OLG 501st, and Hotshot and I are partners on some model building efforts we plan to market. What do you have in your workshop?

Scott
[/b]

Hey, I'm pixelFiend from the R2Builder's group and I'm DEFINITELY interested. A laser cutter too? ooooooooooo. :thumbsup :thumbsup

I'm in the middle of three astromech builds, wood, metal and PVC/Sintra, and I have future aspirations for some armor. This would be GREAT.

Whereabouts in Baltimore? I emailed with Docmani and he leads me to believe it's in the White Marsh area...

Thanks.
/B

Close to White Marsh , I'm in Parkville, just inside the Beltway off Harford Road.

Thomas

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Bacara @ May 4 2006, 10:36 AM) [snapback]1238219[/snapback]</div>
Whereabouts in Baltimore? I emailed with Docmani and he leads me to believe it's in the White Marsh area...

Thanks.
/B
[/b]

Cool... Not as close as I originally thought, but well close enough. :)

Sounds great. I'm in.

I understand that your laser cutter doesn't do PVC. Nothing new, I've seen many that won't. How about Sintra/styrene or aluminum? Just curious. Either way, I'd love to get together.

/B

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(wynnstudio @ May 4 2006, 12:37 PM) [snapback]1238316[/snapback]</div>
Close to White Marsh , I'm in Parkville, just inside the Beltway off Harford Road.

Thomas

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Bacara @ May 4 2006, 10:36 AM) [snapback]1238219[/snapback]

Thanks.
/B
[/b]
[/b][/quote]

It's a CO2 laser so no metal. I can do PVC but it voids the warrenty and produces toxic fumes :eek It can do most other materials, just no plastics with Polyvinyl chloride

Thomas

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(wynnstudio @ May 4 2006, 01:37 PM) [snapback]1238316[/snapback]</div>

Thomas

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Bacara @ May 4 2006, 10:36 AM) [snapback]1238219[/snapback]

Thanks.
/B
[/b]
[/b][/quote]

Why I do believe we have enough for a Chesapeake areas builders group. Luke Warmwater and I can let memebers of The Old Line Garrison (MD's 501st Garrison) know as well. They may be interested. Any thoughts on when you would like to meet up?

Scott

Definately count me in. I've been waiting for a builders group to start up around here and would love to meet up with people who share a common interest.

- J.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(wynnstudio @ May 2 2006, 09:55 PM) [snapback]1237261[/snapback]</div>
IÂ’m about to complete a 720sqf workshop/studio and was thinking of starting a builders group. It is in the Baltimore, MD area and would meet once a month. Once itÂ’s finished it would be outfitted with most needed tools and lots of working space.

So who would be up for this?

Thomas
[/b]

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back