Cheaper alternatives to auto filler? Oz Members

Rinzler

Hi all, this one is going out to the Aussie members, does anyone know where to get cheap autofiller (bog) and/or are there any alternatives to it?

Its all pretty pricey. Occasionally some bargain stores like Crazy Clarks or The Reject Shop, have some cheap brands on sale, but its not much cheaper than what you get at Bunnings.

Have you tried 2 part Wood putty instead of Autofiller? From memory it was a little cheaper, for the same stuff.

In the US if you make friends with a 'professional' auto body supply shop or find someone that has an account with such a shop you can inquire about purchasing 'expired' or old stock... Heck even getting my own business account at the professional auto body paint and supply shop vs just walking in as a retail customer gave me about a 30% discount off the sticker price on the shelf...

Its all pretty pricey. Occasionally some bargain stores like Crazy Clarks or The Reject Shop, have some cheap brands on sale, but its not much cheaper than what you get at Bunnings.

Have you tried 2 part Wood putty instead of Autofiller? From memory it was a little cheaper, for the same stuff.
Never tried it, I might get some pay day and experiment with it.

Or as also suggested try to get in with someone who works on the retail side or has an account with a supplier.

I've been using Builder's Bog for some of my stuff instead of auto body filler (don't remember the brand, just remember the big green labelling). A 4kg tub from Bunnings was under $40 if I recall.

I've had no problems so far, seems to be sturdy enough and easy to sand. *shrugs*

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back