Cheap wooden base?

nick daring

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I'm trying to find a cheap wooden base for a small sculpture but am having the hardest time for something so simply.

Something along these lines-
Wood Trophy Bases, Walnut or Cherry Trophy Bases

trophy-bases.jpg

The prices are good but they essentially want you to order a dozen or you get charged a "low quantity order surcharge".

Most other places charge a ton or seem to sell wholesale mostly.

Honestly I'd love to be able to just order a 3x3x3 inch block of wood but can't even find that online either. I'd even stain it myself if needed!

Am I not searching for the right thing? It seems like there should be an easy source for something like this.

Nick

I find wood bases at Michael's Art Supply. They do need staining but I believe they are less than $10. Look in the wood section. There is usually a fair selection of shapes and sizes. I don't remember seeing blocks like this one but I'm usually looking for something fairly flat.

Ted.

If you are ok with a block, do you think it's possible to go to Home Depot or Lowe's and have them cut the wood you've chosen from their selection? Or you just buy the piece of wood and cut it yourself? Scrap from those places would probably be the cheapest.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back