Cheap Vibro Axe with pics (Formally "Slave Leia Force Pike...")

nerftheherder

So the girl wants to be Slave Leia for Haloween. No arguments on my part, but she was bummed when i told her she doesn't get a blaster....so I said i would make her a Force Pike so she can carry a whoppin stick. Anyone make one of these before?? any ideas?? I am thinking I can make a fairly accurate one with minimal supplies, but any advice would be great.

Last edited:
Re: Slave Leia Force Pike...

You probably mean Vibro Axe, do a search, there's a few fairly comprehensive threads. I know, I'm doing it right now as well!

Ok, In looking at the tutorial, sweet, great reference pics! But I am planning on making this as cheap as possible! Under 50 if possible. The hair dryer alone is going for that on ebay!

So I guess this will become my "How to make a Vibro Axe under 50 bucks" thread. Home depot, Lowes, Walmart, and the Haloween store, here i come! i will keep ya all posted...

A Force Pike is what the Royal Guard's carry. They didn't exist in Jabba's palace.

You should be able to make a passing vibro axe with PVC and some wood and plastic scrap, I think. Before you give up on the hairdryer, though, pop into a few thrift shops. They're known to show up in those places fairly often.

Scott

Alright, so it is officially a Vibro Axe. Cool, I will try to edit the title.
I am going to check a couple stores, hopefully I stumble accross one! If not I think a may be able to pull off a decent inexpensive copy of the Hair dryer using some old water/detergent jugs...
This is just for her Haloween costume so making it 100% accurate is not at the top of my list. It will drive me nuts, but I need to keep withen budget.

You can use a small hampster ball for the soaker sphere at the bottom. And try looking at fuel injector cleaner type bottles for the hair dryer. Something with an offset nozzle.

Whoa people, you're getting ahead of yourselves. You demand a picture of the costume before you start helping. ;) :lol

I would just do a quick and dirty version. Most people at a regular party aren't going to know what it is. Plus you don't want to do a screen accurate version and have some drunk dude trash it.

I think he's telling people that they're supposed to ask for pics of Slave Leia BEFORE they help. I guess everyone just decided to be nice.

Pics please:lol

Credit for these photos go to TBone9600 on the Dented Helmet, please let me know if you want them taken down.

vibroaxcomplete1.1.JPG

vibroaxbladecompleteL1.JPG

vibroaxcomplete1.2.jpg

Also, lonepegions http://www.partsofsw.com/ has a short briefing of parts you'll need. Item/Melee Weapons/SoroSuub BD-1 Cutter Vibro-Ax

Alright, I will be posting pics....of the progress of the axe! Haha. And yes there will be some finished product pics as well (with the lovely model).

The parts so far are going to be the following:
Oversized Haloween costume knife.(for the blade)
Toilet repair kit (for the sphere at the base and top piece)
Push Broom stick (ok, if you don't know then i give up! ha)
Greatest find ever, an empty Marvel Oil bottle (for the hair dryer detail)
I have some other misc. parts, just figuring which will look best.
As stated above, as soon as I get all the parts in the same room, I will take some pics.

If this thing gets busted (with how I am planning on building it) it will be because she busted some drunk over the noggis for smacking her booty or something.

BTW, several people used toy or costume butcher knives for the blade. I think they got them from a Halloween store or something. So now would be a good time to find them.

Ok all. Pictures will be soon to follow, but so far I have spent 6 bucks on a toilet repair kit, 8 bucks on a push broom and 3 bucks on a bottle of oil called "Marvel mystery oil". Cool part is, this thing is about 75% complete.

The oil bottle has been cut to fit the pipe, the toilet parts have been cut as well. Items will be getting some paint very soon. Just need to find a Haloween store that sells the type of "butcher knife" I need.... Then i will make the little tube detail and assemble.... Looks like I will meet my under 50 bucks budget.

Last edited:

Come on, you gotta post some "in build" pics, Mike, don't you know how it works around here? :p

;)

Last edited by a moderator:

You are right Lori ..... :confused Ok, Ok. Here are some pics.
I will ID everything as I go. Starting at 11pm last night after a trip to Walmart, not too shabby. :wacko I only had to hit up Factory Card Outlet for the knife this am. A Lowes trip will be in the near future for some finishing items.... Still way under budget!!!! :)
All pics are without paint!

The parts:
VibroAxBuild003.jpg

VibroAxBuild001.jpg

VibroAxBuild006.jpg

VibroAxBuild002.jpg

VibroAxBuild009.jpg

VibroAxBuild014.jpg

Next i will show what parts are cut...

So now the parts all cut up.

First i cut the round topper off the pipeing for the Toilet tank. This piece will be used for the top of the Ax.
VibroAxBuild004.jpg

You can see the end of the push broom. I will show how they go togeather later.

Next is the Ball from the toilet tank. I cut to holes in each side by drilling with a 1 1/4 hole cutter bit. This actually was a little big, but it will work...
VibroAxBuild008.jpg

Next the Marvel Oil bottle. Dremel and hack saw to make the holes at both ends. Also had to peel the label off (obviously).
VibroAxBuild012.jpg

VibroAxBuild013.jpg

And of course the knife with the handle cut off. I wiull be adding a piece where the handles was, for added detail and to lengthen the blade.
VibroAxBuild015.jpg

Lastly, the parts loosely fitted togeather to give an idea of the finished product! The blade was placed about where it will actually be when the detail piece is added.

VibroAxBuild.jpg

Not too bad for 5 hors work... Painting some parts next and off to Lowes!

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back