cheap, quick and easy costume ideas for halloween

EyeofSauron

Master Member
soooo, im nowhere near to finish my war machine suit before halloween, as it still needs fibreglassing done and its not warm enough around here anymore to use resin, as i dont have a shop to work in.

now im kinda screwed, as i have no alternatives (yet)
so i thought i might go with something simple. I do have an allmost finished Cap Am Shield, but its the round one and i cant use it for the Rescue outfit.
i do have a brown leather jacket, and brown camouflage pants, so if i could get my hands on a big cardboard, i might go for a cheapish version with hot glue resining the shield xD

my primary costume idea tho was just have a simple light up arc reactor under my shirt, as i need to build one anyway and its probably not that expensive :D

so, back to the thread topic: what do you think, for the people, who cant get ther project finished for halloween, what would be a good cheap costume, in, lets say, one week.

Cheers
EoS

Blue BDU pants and fabric from the fabric store, and my wife's insane talent equals an Ultimates WWII Cap. It litetally took her a day to make the bib shirt. Craaazy!

But, there's always the old bed sheet, with eyes cut out for a ghost costume.

Blue BDU pants and fabric from the fabric store, and my wife's insane talent equals an Ultimates WWII Cap. It litetally took her a day to make the bib shirt. Craaazy!

But, there's always the old bed sheet, with eyes cut out for a ghost costume.
im still thinking about starting a Thor build because i have a lot of free time starting tomorrow noon xD so many ideas, but the time, the time

i need a tardis!

I'm considering Clark Kent again..just for my kids. I was Superman last year but I'm not feeling brave enough for tights again. To be Clark I just need a suit, glasses (3d ones form the theater with the lenses popped out are perfect) and a Superman T-shirt underneath.

Hmmmm... zombies can be done pretty cheaply if you have old clothes and make-up. Just need lots of blood.

Do you look like any characters you'd want to be? If you look the part, you can often pull off a costume without going completely accurate.

Hmmmm... zombies can be done pretty cheaply if you have old clothes and make-up. Just need lots of blood.

Do you look like any characters you'd want to be? If you look the part, you can often pull off a costume without going completely accurate.

well, im not sure if i look like anyone :D someone told me once, i look like jim carrey, but meh :D thats not a costume idea :D

TDK was an option, but i dont have a cowl, and dont have the materials for making one :D

If you look like Jim Carrey you could always do the an Ace Ventura costume where he's wearing a tutu. It's super easy, and it would work great since you already have a similar appearance. All you'd need is a white patterned shirt, pink tutu, brown shorts and brown boots. Oh and some product for your hair, but Elmers Glue would work just as well (it does wash out :) )

Ace Ventura tutu dance | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Do North Americans know of any children's books/games from Austria? ;)

We probably have, but we didn't know it was from Austria.

Besides, Where's Waldo? has various international editions, so I think Austria would have heard of it. Besides, Waldo isn't even an American story. It came from the U.K.

i can assure you, we know it from american tv shows and stuff, but thats about it.

the only thing people know from austria are arnold schwarzenegger, and maybe falco

My cheap and quick costume. Im going as Hit-Monkey from a mini series that was a spin off from a Deadpool comic.
Monkey mask + Suit= Cheap and easy costume.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back