Cheap Dread Rings!

Budo

First you start off with sculpey you can find it at most craft stores sometimes at Walmart.

DSC_0069.jpg

I don't have a picture of it but all I did was put a little sculpey on the dread and shaped it with my hands. Still has my hand prints on them lol. Made some bones, beads, and sculls as well.

DSC_00032.jpg

Bake for the time specified and paint and add some accents and BAM!

Back

DSC_0055.jpg

Side

DSC_0007.jpg

Nice! Do you have any closer pics of the dreadrings finished?

Here some pics for you. I did not spend alot of time on them I wanted them to look organic. But it would not be hard to get a lot of detail on them.

DSC_0007_317.jpg

As you can see I made them different sized for top and mid dreads.

DSC_0006_316.jpg

I tried to freehand some face huggers on a few. They look ok but could look better it I spent more time.

DSC_0005_315.jpg

DSC_0004_314.jpg

Actually, I wouldn't downplay them by calling them "cheap". They look nice. I commissioned my friend Amy to sculpt a set of dread rings out of Sculpey, and this is how they came out:
Beads-010-720.jpg

One nice thing about Sculpey is that it comes in all sorts of different colors. Amy used a gold-colored Sculpey for these dread rings, so I didn't even have to paint them.

You could try forming the dread rings on a wooden dowel, instead of using your bare hands, and then you wouldn't get fingerprints all over them. You can also experiment with putting various textures on them.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back