Cheap cap shield? Costume piece maybe?

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

hydin

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
A friend of mine asked if I could make the "Cap shield in ice" from the movie, and I said "Uhmmm.. Yea, I guess..."

So, the quest begins for planning out making this big giant block of ice with a shield in it (much cheaper than the original idea of the comic style steve rogers + shield in big ice block).

Since it's going to be more or less permanently displayed IN the ice (i.e. I don't wanna bother trying to make a little door or panel to remove it), I don't want to sink a ton of cash into an awesome replica shield just to slather it with clear resin.

I thought maybe someone was coming out with some costume quality shields and I just haven't been able to find any news about it. The only other option is to paint up one of those airsoft shields to look close to the movie and use that.

So, anyone know if they are coming out with something like a costume or rubies cap shield? If so, awesome and point me towards it please.

Thanks!
Chris

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Kevin Gossett

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Or you could go with the Disguise version:

It has the right proportions, and a repaint with the metallic anodized paints will give you the look you're looking for

hydin

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Looks like we have a winnah!!!

Only complaint seems to be that it's pretty thin, but that shouldn't be too hard to fix. Not like the back of the shield is gonna be seen in the ice anyway.

I love this board :)
Chris

Bobcas2

I did a repaint and some tweaks to the metal disguise shield. It came out OK, but nowhere near the aluminum ones. I did cut a star from some sheet aluminum and attach it as well.

Bob

disguise-metal.jpg