Cheap Cannon how to

BigEvil

I thought I'd take a crack at a huntorial of my own. I've learned a lot just reading and trying things from here and this is some of what I've come up with.

The beauty of the Predators is that they are all a little different, there are some basic common threads but really the armor is as individual as the hunter. I would love to get a screen accurate cast cannon, but it just isn't in the budget. So in the interest of cheap can be made to work too, here's how I made some cannons on the uber cheap. I'm building 2 sets of armor in tandem which is why you're seeing double.

1. Buy some cheap 1 dollar squirt guns from wal mart. These were in the seasonal summer section.
2. I used a scroll saw but a dremel should work fine, Cut the handle/trigger assembly off of the gun and fill the gap with some flat plastic (I used some from a thin plastic license plate)
3. Get a cap from a spray paint can, make a blank from some thin plastic to cover up the open end and trace then cut the back of the water pistol.
4. Glue it all together, I used a high heat hot glue gun and filled in all the spaces at the same time.
5. Paint it, I couldn't handle the glow in the dark neon color so I hit it with some flat black to assist in the final stages.

This took about an hour to do 2 cannons to this point. I will be embellishing with foam accents and some other bits (covering up mold lines and the "splash" logo) before final painting and assembly.

Total cost per Cannon right now is about 3 bucks. Hope this is useful to someone

K

Cannons_5.jpg

Cannons_4.jpg

Cannons_3.jpg

Cannons_2.jpg

Cannons_1.jpg

I love it! Way to think "out of the box". I've started putting together my cannon out of Kool-Aid lids and a piece of sink tubing. I have pics in another thread.

Those are awesome, they look like they could pass for Wolf's dual blasters, a hopeful thought for current & future wolf suit builders.

Here's what got finished last night

1. Cut out and attach some foam accents
2. Glue on some 1 gallon water bottle caps to the sides of the drums
3. Hit it with some paint, hammer finish black krylon

ps. Sorry about the triple post, any admin/mod feel free to thin it out.

Cannon_Prepaint.jpg

Cannon_Paint.jpg

Here's what got finished last night
1. Cut out and attach some foam accents
2. Glue on some 1 gallon water bottle caps to the sides of the drums
3. Hit it with some paint, hammer finish black krylon
ps. Sorry about the triple post, any admin/mod feel free to thin it out.
You can have also put yourself some model kit pieces as well to accent the Plasma Drums and make them more machine like (just a thought) excellent work man.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back