Cheap 'Blade Runner' Officer 'K' Coat Build

RLD9K

So this is the first project I'm positing on the RPF, and what a one to start with. You may have to bare with me.

I picked up this cheap overcoat from a charity shop for about £10 as a base coat which I'm planning on editing to get it looking closer to the one in the film. It's roughly the same colour and material (green, waxed cotton, needs re-waxing) and I'm happy with the length and shape.

First I'm going to iron out the coat to make a lapel and attach some fur (made from an old Bath matt) into the lapel area, as seen on his. I will make a small incision on the seam between the collar and the coat so the lapel will open out further.

After that I'm going to extend the collar to about twice the height and make it longer on the left side (when wearing) so that it has that asymmetrical look, and folds over into the mask. It already has a latch on it, so I'm just going to reposition this with the new collar. I will then line the collar with the same fur as the lapels

Next is the closing mechanism. I'm going to remove the buttons and the zip, and attach a magnetic strip down the lining in each side of the jacket. This should give it the seamless closure and is faithful to how his was made.

After that, the collar, lapels and magnetic lock should be finished and I'll just make some edits to the pockets, so the left zip pocket is hidden.

I may reshape the cuffs, but I'm not sure yet.

Finally I will re wax the coat. Now wax is known to darken the material so, where the writing is, on the back of his coat, I'm going to mask off on mine. So when the wax is applied, the text areas will be left lighter than the coat giving it a similar look. I'll also weather the whole thing, mainly the fur, to make it look used.

I know that this isn't going to be anywhere near as accurate as most, but it's purely just to make something on a small budget and might make a good cosplay one day. I shall update!

1f5a580e1b5ef5fd788ec850ed33d5ee.jpg
eb19bcecbc631759932a5a432738f1a3.jpg
02833c69129c00699d4c90ff5050eb4b.jpg
00597ecd1643aca3f3ae44370adf279c.jpg
9f804ee1969caa4bcd1e3862d3c78731.jpg
a9a8b4d4dcb9d6e3fdb12328b770e95c.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back