cheap bio friendly quills

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

backbone

i am a noob to the site, but i am gaining experience. i had this old comb laying around, and i have 2 combs. i realized that if you cut the teeth off the comb it makes perfect quills that look stiff and boney, but are flexible. the best way to attatch them to layex masks in to use a small amount of epoxy that dries clear, or you can use super glue, or plain old stick em in the latex. i would recomend glueing though, the quills fall out easy and some times rip the latex(for some strange reason) but if you are willing to take the risk of ripping the latex, go ahead, i did stick a couple in my mask, but my mask is plaster for the dome and brow and latex for the rest of the face. i hope this helps you guys out there. thanks for readin

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

fastburst

i am a noob to the site, but i am gaining experience. i had this old comb laying around, and i have 2 combs. i realized that if you cut the teeth off the comb it makes perfect quills that look stiff and boney, but are flexible. the best way to attatch them to layex masks in to use a small amount of epoxy that dries clear, or you can use super glue, or plain old stick em in the latex. i would recomend glueing though, the quills fall out easy and some times rip the latex(for some strange reason) but if you are willing to take the risk of ripping the latex, go ahead, i did stick a couple in my mask, but my mask is plaster for the dome and brow and latex for the rest of the face. i hope this helps you guys out there. thanks for readin

Very Nice, just wondering why you wouldn't just grab some Sculpey and make them that way?
-James

Paintninja

Another great way is to use plastic "palm grass" available at and fake flower boutique.
Two pieces for a dollar, paint em' black, glue em' on, then Permawet. Presto.....
bio and latex friendly! Worked for me, hope it helps others!

ofak

I was thinking about using some thick monofillament fishing line and paint it black, it wont be tapered at the ends though, not sure how it would look :'(