CHAPPiE Replica Costume

Great results and great costume:thumbsup I think that you could win big by trying to have that costume photographed by a pro in the appropriate decor;) You've set the bar pretty high with that project! TFS with us your fantastic job:cool

Hello everybody! (Hi Dr. Nick)
With my local con fast approaching I've been working every night to put together my newest cosplay build! Last year I spent two months making Issac Clarke from DeadSpace 1 and was overjoyed by the response I got... So, as we do... I wanted to go BIGGER.

This year I'm tackling my most complicated cosplay to date, CHAPPiE. I was happy to discover that the movie was finally out on Netflix so at least I'd be able to pull some decent references... but I am someone who is a stickler for detail so I scoured the internet for more decent resources until I stumbled upon BensCollectables on youtube (
) and we connected to share images of his ThreeZero 1/6th collectable model.

After gathering all my resources, it was time to put my graphic design skills to work making life size dieline templates of the character, printing them out, and cutting them out of foam.

Templates:
View attachment 791347View attachment 791348

Back: (reference first)
View attachment 791349View attachment 791350View attachment 791352View attachment 791351View attachment 791353

Front: (reference first)
View attachment 791354View attachment 791356View attachment 791355View attachment 791357

Head: (reference first)
View attachment 791358View attachment 791360View attachment 791359View attachment 791361View attachment 791362
Are you make this template or no

Are you make this template or no
I actually have all of the templates available for free and I sell digital copies of the decal files for $5 on my Etsy store with full print instructions to get the best results and a list of cosplayers who have used them for their own builds. My province is currently in a lockdown, so my Etsy store is closed (to prevent exposure from post office visits) but I will have it back up soon.

As for the templates, you can find all my references and template files (several formats provided) here: Chappie - Google Drive

Heres a link to the Etsy if ever you need decals: Replica Props Nerdy Merch and Costume Accessories by amuelbCosplay

If you do end up making this costume, please do let me know I love seeing everyones progress! You can message me here, or find me on instagram @ amuelb. Hope that helps! Happy crafting!

I actually have all of the templates available for free and I sell digital copies of the decal files for $5 on my Etsy store with full print instructions to get the best results and a list of cosplayers who have used them for their own builds. My province is currently in a lockdown, so my Etsy store is closed (to prevent exposure from post office visits) but I will have it back up soon.

As for the templates, you can find all my references and template files (several formats provided) here: Chappie - Google Drive

Heres a link to the Etsy if ever you need decals: Replica Props Nerdy Merch and Costume Accessories by amuelbCosplay

If you do end up making this costume, please do let me know I love seeing everyones progress! You can message me here, or find me on instagram @ amuelb. Hope that helps! Happy crafting!
thank you very well. Very kind of people rarely give a template this difficult for free

This build is absolutely mindblowing. I love this movie and am so happy to see how well you pulled this costume off
Thanks so much! Im really happy with the results and it was a massive hit at several conventions!
It's been amazing watching people build their own chappie costumes over the last few years. If ever you want to give it a go, I do have all my patterns and references available for free so that anyone can try it! :)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back