CHAPPiE Ninja M4 Project

Kenobi

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
After completing my CHAPPiE head build I always wanted to build Ninja's M4. To do it right I knew it was not going to be cheap. The airsoft M4 is en route, so wanted to focus on sourcing all the attachments and paint colour.

Shipping has slowed down due to horrific global events, but want to focus on something between shifts at work during this time.

Having watched CHAPPiE numerous times and props people have kindly photographed, I am able to do the best I can and come up with an accurate build. During the film there appeared to be a 'Hero' used carbine, and a 'Stunt'. Through most of the film it appears that the 'Hero' was used, and can really only see the resin 'Stunt' making an appearance when Ninja threw it to the ground with his first screen encounter with Hippo. The noticeable differences are the solid block between the front sight and the suppressor, no ejection port, no rear sling buckle, and the bottom of the trigger joins the trigger guard. The main difference is that the torch holder is reversed on each carbine.

Due to the film now being five years old, sourcing accurate parts has not been the easiest, but that said it isn't a Sci Fi movie from the 70's, so a bit of effort is required.

I believe that the M4 used on the film poster is the Hero, so after a bit of scrutinising, I was able to obtain accurate measurements and locate the required parts. The shopping list is:

1. M4 CQBR
2. Elcan Spectre Sight
3. AN/PEQ-16 laser/light module
4. Surefire P9
5. Torch mount
6. Suppressor
7. Custom front cap for suppressor
8. Accurate yellow/pink paint

I will go into detail for each part as they arrive. Hero/Stunt/Hero with markings seen on screen

wLSwd0W.jpg

hS9CHwo.jpg

HGrTXNl.jpg

Last edited:
Decided to spray the ELCAN scope which arrived today and the PEQ laser/light module. Unfortunately I couldn't source them in black, so sprayed them black, which will allow me to weather them when given a top coat of yellow. The scope is well made and looks perfect:

iwagcrW.jpg
hO19Py7.jpg

lboxgiL.jpg
GABUPF1.jpg

Last edited:
I managed to source a suppressor with accurate dimensions, however needed to modify the end cap. My friend has a lathe, so was able to make a cap from aluminium to attach to the end of the Gemteck G5 suppressor. Looking at the screen used M4, the centre hole is not much bigger than the 5.56mm round:

CfeodyX.jpg

4tmLyim.jpg
lYhrJpf.jpg

uPbqhVX.jpg

p5fHEYl.jpg

Paint finally arrived....ordered three shades of yellow from Montana Black, and after testing it indoors and outdoors, settled on the 'Kicking Yellow'. Love this paint, which is so easy to work with and the matt finish is perfect! The pink was also a good match...

5vdRhtn.jpg

YBLobVh.jpg

622iuwu.jpg
SndQnKB.jpg

Time to weather the parts, and luckily had some good reference pics:

NLDv4aT.jpg

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back