Chapek out, Iger in

So do I have it completly wrong that Iger had prior stepped down to have more control over entertainment media stopping any further SW films and projects from going forward? This was back when KK and the agenda mafia were announcing new movies and TV shows that were not part of the overall plan. Projects that were nothing more than ideas with no teams in place or board/committee involvement like the alll female SW movie and if memory serves two all female lead SW TV series... not to mention the RJ SW trilogy and the in limbo TW SW movie...

It's the "Steve Job Syndrome!":eek: The Boomerang CEO's are, usually, performing worse (compared to newbies) the second time around according to an MIT study of S&P 500 companies between '92 and 2017 (167 returning chiefs)...it could even lead the Mouse Corp to more damages into the near future! Iger could walk all the way to the bank with his $27million salary (half his salary when he was in chargeo_O).
Disney lost about $40 billion during the pandemic and a further 40 % loss in stocks.

It's the "Steve Job Syndrome!":eek: The Boomerang CEO's are, usually, performing worse (compared to newbies) the second time around according to an MIT study of S&P 500 companies between '92 and 2017 (167 returning chiefs)...it could even lead the Mouse Corp to more damages into the near future! Iger could walk all the way to the bank with his $27million salary (half his salary when he was in chargeo_O).
Disney lost about $40 billion during the pandemic and a further 40 % loss in stocks.
It could be worse, but Iger's contract is only for 2 years so his priorities are probably to right the ship 9so to speak) by getting their stocks out of free fall and stabilized, if not back up to previous levels. His second job is to find/groom an heir for when his 2 year term is over. So with just 2 years, I'm not sure that he's going to be doing anything major during his new tenure, although I'm sure that we'll be seeing a lot of personnel changes, he's already fired the old head of Media & Entertainment, effectively the man in charge of Disney+ (I think) and he (Iger) said that the intent was to put more power into the hands of the creatives. But who knows how that's going to work out and it remains to be seen if he's going to be doing much with the Parks like getting rid of the much disliked reservation system.

It's not entirely hearsay. LucasArts was shut down shortly after the purchase. Which resulted in around 150 people being let go.

Right,back in the day Lucas Arts was killing it with fun games.I still have Bounty Hunter.

As far as Disney,after it rains the house always leaks from the roof.

LucasArts was working on a AAA game starring Boba Fett when it was shut down: Star Wars: 1313
(But maybe you knew and were referring to it?)

It was supposed to tie in with a live-action series: Star Wars:Underworld, which KK also scrapped.
The locale: Coruscant Level 1313 appeared in a couple episodes of The Clone Wars, and those felt tacked-on as if they had been made to promote something ...
There was a story floating around a few years ago about what really went on behind the scenes with 1313. It was...not good. Unfocused development, wasted time and money, and a lot of it laid at the feet of none other than George himself who'd show up and say "We should do XYZ" and now the dev team has to scramble to conform to the new dictates and torch the old designs.

I'd also say that LucasArts' actual production during the post-2000 period was nothing spectacular. Whereas prior to 1999 or so, the LucasArts brand was synonymous with top-notch quality gaming, after that point -- when they shifted to being a publisher and not a developer -- they started putting out a lot of really mediocre games, as well as games that were NOT good or were just forgettable. There were some standouts, sure, but that had less to do with LucasArts and more to do with the developer themselves (e.g., KOTOR).

I don't mourn the passing of Lucasarts anymore than I mourn the passing of the EU, because most of what came out after the "golden era" was mediocre or crap. And I don't think that had anything to do with Disney's purchase, either. LucasArts was toast well before that point.

There was a story floating around a few years ago about what really went on behind the scenes with 1313. It was...not good. Unfocused development, wasted time and money, and a lot of it laid at the feet of none other than George himself who'd show up and say "We should do XYZ" and now the dev team has to scramble to conform to the new dictates and torch the old designs.

I'd also say that LucasArts' actual production during the post-2000 period was nothing spectacular. Whereas prior to 1999 or so, the LucasArts brand was synonymous with top-notch quality gaming, after that point -- when they shifted to being a publisher and not a developer -- they started putting out a lot of really mediocre games, as well as games that were NOT good or were just forgettable. There were some standouts, sure, but that had less to do with LucasArts and more to do with the developer themselves (e.g., KOTOR).

I don't mourn the passing of Lucasarts anymore than I mourn the passing of the EU, because most of what came out after the "golden era" was mediocre or crap. And I don't think that had anything to do with Disney's purchase, either. LucasArts was toast well before that point.
Yeah, post 2000, LucasArts didn't develop many Star Wars games. But what they did, was pretty good. Starfighter, Jedi Starfighter, Bounty Hunter, and Republic Commando. (Though Obi-Wan seems to have been a dud) Pretty much everything else was licensed out. And I know The Force Unleashed tends to get a bad wrap, being over the top with Force powers and all. But the game(s) were meant to show off what the graphics and physic engines could do. And they do that well. And it's the very first time ILM collaborated, giving the games a very authentic look and atmosphere. Visually we wouldn't see something that good again until DICE/EA's Battlefront.

All the commentary in this thread is good but…

What do the fabled network of “Hollywood Spies” and the rage-based YouTube clickbait industry have to say??

I came here for the pointless speculation and gossip, after all.

574851C8-4A3F-4C8D-8763-7E26711165D9.jpeg

39F5BF64-A05B-421F-AEDC-D54956615FA8.jpeg

A7A8B982-0935-41CB-B225-715D8B5B5743.jpeg

Last edited:
I saw a video where the girl said she had read Iger's book and that basically he bullied George Lucas out of Star Wars. Supposedly George was promised to retain creative control and run all the companies with Disney owning/funding it. They ran into problems when Lucas was haggling over the sale price because they wanted $10 billion since Pixar was bought for $7. At some point they told Lucas "Surprise you weren't really going to run the company, get out." and we'll only pay your $4.5 Billion. Lucas said he was going to pull out of the deal, when Iger said if he did they would invoke some pullout rule and Lucas would have to pay $500 million, which he couldn't do, and then everyone would lose their jobs. So if that is true, which the guy wrote in his book I guess, then that is why Lucas looks so depressed when they're signing the deal. That would be why we have crappy SW now. Has anyone else heard this?

I saw a video where the girl said she had read Iger's book.. . Has anyone else heard this?

Sounds good but doubtful considering the amount is billions, not millions, for the sale. The amount of legal eyes on either side and all. Does this person mention anything about the Lucas sequel trilogy scripts being rushed with ghostwriters on hand as those scripts were part of the deal? The scripts that were literally tossed into the garbage. Is any mention made to Lucas wanting to basically get out of it all and live life, build a museum, never make another movie again? Then the huge Lucas donations made after the sale of much of those billions?
On the same hand the Avatar sequels have a two billion dollar investment behind it. Both are looked at as long term generational investments VS a basic IP brand ownership. It's one of the main reasons I keep bringing up how SW as a product has been handled as that's a major part of the multi generational investment. And it went off the rails quick.

The multi generational thing is where those that only see the films and TV side of it don't comprehend the time investment. It's a lot more than just movies and TV. Bad seeds don't grow.

Seems that Iger is coming back to be the go-to-guy for a big merger between Disney and Apple TVo_O
That would be a huge investment and another way for the Mouse Corp to become a bigger behemoth than it already is.

Am I the only one that pictures this guy whenever the name “Iger” appears??

View attachment 1641745
Funny thing—every time I try to write “Iger,” autocorrect turns it into “Igor.” Huge pain. :lol:

Also, there’s a rumor now that Iger has come back to oversee the sale of Disney to Apple. It’s a fascinating idea, Apple definitely has the capital to merge with Disney in a cash-and-stock deal, it would give Apple TV+ an enormous content library, and rescue Disney from possible collapse.

Because now it’s leaking out that Disney has allegedly been fudging budgets in order to hide truly massive losses. To the extent that, if shareholders and the SEC can establish that it was done knowingly to prop up the stock price, Disney and its execs could be looking at massive civil and criminal liability for securities fraud under SEC Rule 10(b).

Of course, this is all speculative—as I said, the Apple acquisition is just a rumor right now, if a very plausible one.

Last edited:
I really dont know why anyone thinks Iger is coming back to "right the ship" when Iger is the one who put the ship in the precarious position in the first place.

Iger was the one who went on a shopping spree purchasing tons of IPs for honestly some overinflated prices. Nevermind the fact that Disney was low of cash following Igers shopping spree which is why Chapek was chosen to be the next CEO. He had a reputation within the company as a cost cutter and was basically in to rebalance the budget so to speak so his choices to raise D+ prices, raise park ticket costs, etc. is not surprising at all. Guess he is the fall guy for making the hard decisions to raise money but Iger is not the "savior" who is going to right the ship.

KK is also one of Igers "allies" so she is probably going to be safe which is lucky for her. Star Wars is pretty much a dead IP at this point and Andor doesnt sound appealing when its selling point is "its Star Wars but its not Star Wars" and how different it is from Star Wars. It sounds like a good tv show that just happens to be set in the Star Wars IP but would have been successful even outside it and doesnt really add to it. I dont think KK staying or leaving will have much of an impact on Star Wars anymore anyway. Their current fans will stick by them and getting the old fans back is not likely anymore imo. Old Fans will just stick to OT and maybe PT.

When it comes to all the names, from manager, district manager, and then up to corporate names, like CEO, I get confused about who has actual power and over what.
Guess I thought CEO was the top, but if Bob Chapek was fired, then someone must be above him....right?
Just not sure who that is.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back