Suggestion Change the Original Prop forum name to something else

EvilRocketeer

Master Member
It seems like there are a large handful of members that are misinterpreting the word "original" prop. Maybe they consider this being an original item they made rather the intent of the forum which is screenused props.

The past few weeks it seems to be getting worst. Members posting in the wrong forum about their builds or build questions.

Maybe the name should be changed to Screen used costume and props forum or something along the lines to avoid the confusion

It is definitely an issue. If I am not mistaken, we used to have it at Screen Used, but feel like that is such a misnomer that we changed it. I am reluctant to change it back to screen used, but am open to suggestions.

"Original" to me stands for new stuff that you make, ie: here's my new original prop. Not anything from a production. As much as it's a bit of a misnomer "Screen Used/Production Made" is far more explanatory.

Michael Bergeron;3259920 "Screen Used/Production Made" is far more explanatory.[/QUOTE said:
Agreed, it needs a more explanatory title. I really enjoy that section, and hope to have something to post there....someday :)

Production made sounds best so far, because then it encompasses stuff that was made for use, even if it didn't get screen-time. You'd also possibly be able to stretch it to include items made by the original studio/prop company from the original molds, after production.

I am liking "Production Made Costumes and Props" as that covers virtually anything in the "screen used" category.

Frankly use of the word "Original" on this forum has never confused me ....maybe educating and changing some members way of thinking would be a better solution rather than changing anything. BUT...if you must change it why not shorten "Production Made" to either "Prod. Made" or "Studio Made"? Titles always seem to work better when they are short as possible and to the point.

Last edited:
"Non-replica items that may or may not have been onscreen, but were made by the original production team for the film."

Has a nice ring to it and just rolls off the tongue. :cool

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back