ChameleonOne's Deagostini Falcon Build

ChameleonOne

I have to start with how great this kit feels!
I'm having a lot of fun with it. I was going to wait for more parts before I started building, but after getting my first shipments, I started working on the cockpit almost immediately.:$

I got allot of inspiration from DARKVIEW with his awesome skill. Great use of cable tie! ;)
I really didn't like the stickers, and wanted to make the cockpit look cooler, so I scratch built the cockpit "ring" with some leftover gundam metal bits and some plastic sheet.
and added some details to the console. Primed with black, then I just dry brushed everything with some metallics.

IMG_1.JPG501727af26c826cdb79d0929d1f904ed_zpscpug23ni.jpgcockpitdecal.png
I printed out a floor template from DARKVIEW and I plan to print out SJW2511's cockpit decal on transparent paper to color the back wall.
IMG_5.JPGIMG_2.JPGIMG_3.JPG
I scratch built the door from plastic sheet, and made it sit further forward in the door frame.
IMG_10.JPGIMG_11.JPGIMG_9.JPG
I am quite pleased with the "control ring,"
IMG_6.JPGIMG_7.JPG

Next up is the hold!

I have a sneak peak for you:
IMG_8.JPGIMG_4.JPGIMG_3301.JPG

Until next time.

Last edited:
The hold.
I got around to building the hold and corridors after getting some more issues. I'm up to issue 28 now.
I got some rub n buff for the floor, but I might order Tony's 3d printed floor, and couch area or go for photo etch. Anyone have any thoughts on that? please chime in.
Going to be adding some more pipes, greblies and dirty everything up some more, but this is a good start.
I found a product called "NOCH ...wie im orginal" that creates rust. Its an iron base "paint" that you lay down first, then you add an oxidation medium that creates real rust...
I will do some tests with it and post some more pictures with the result.
I haven't started building the framework for the Falcon yet, as I want to wait until I can build the entire bottom.
I got some miniatures for the board game Imperial assault, and painted them up. might get some more so I can get Han and Chewie sitting in the cockpit. This will take some modding, but I'm confident I can pull it off.

Lets get some pictures in this post.
IMG_3367.JPGIMG_3375.JPGIMG_3372.JPGIMG_3371.JPG

IMG_3394.JPGIMG_3336.JPGIMG_3337.JPGIMG_3349.JPG
IMG_3350.JPGIMG_3356.JPGIMG_3360.JPGIMG_3386.JPG

IMG_3430.JPGIMG_3426.JPGIMG_3427.JPGIMG_3428.JPG

Until next time.

Man, your falcon is looking great. Love your cockpit details and paint and weathering. But man, that hold looks awesome and the weathering is soo cool. Thanks for the find on the small figures.

Long time, no see...
I have now finished the construction of the bottom part of the Falcon.
I have been following Darkviews build, and really like what he did with oil paint and buffing, so I want with a similar approach when I started painting.
I know its quite dark, but I am not going super accurate, and I really like the dark and dirty look.
This is just the first layer of painting, and I will be adding streaks and rust later.

Pictures!:
IMG_0058_zpsjloln3co.jpgIMG_0093_zpsja9aqft5.jpgIMG_0092_zpsqcxgode3.jpgIMG_0096_zpsb8adr0uf.jpg

Until next time.

Looking great, the beauty of this method is you can lighten areas up with a soft cloth/hard rub and a dab of white spirit if some areas get to dark but l like what you've done.

Pre-weathering done on the lower hull. Looking forward to getting on with some color, streaks and rust for the next stage!
I'm hoping to lighten the panels slightly when I start with streaks. My plan is to use white spirit first on the panels, then make rub them down a bit before adding dots of paint to selected areas and drag it with a dry brush to make streaks.

What type of paint can I use for the colored panels over this oil paint base ? I have some tamiya paints, but I'm not sure how they will react with the oil paint...

IMG_0139.JPGIMG_0140.JPGIMG_0141.JPG

Until next time!

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back