Chameleon Bio and dread bead designs

theBrave

I havent posted anything for a long time, almost a year . I was sitting at school and i had some ideas i wanted to put down on "paper"... Photoshop.
I would like to start producing some stuff and selling it, so i thought maybe making some dread beads would be a good start, but i would like to see what people think of what i have so far to determine if my designs are desirable enough to go into production. Constructive Crit is greatly welcomed, and any ideas would be nice too.
dreadholder.jpg
[/img]
alien.jpg
[/img]
bio.jpg
[/img]

I like this.................A LOT!!! That Bio concept is siiiiiick!
Nice work, very nice.

Can't wait to see some parts cast up.

:rolleyes:

I like the giant dread bead dude that is cool now is this a facehugger cut-up or bone?

thanks. its a vertebrae from some large creature. I like the look of vertebrae on the dreads but i knew someone did it before, so i was thinking a large one that holds several dreads would be cool, kinda like a top knot or something

i was wondering what people cast their dread beads out of? I was thinking smoothcast 325 or something like that would work.

I jjust think its such a sweet concept. I imagine the predator that wears this bio to be REALLY good at hiding and blending with the environment. Maybe like a really good scout. How much would they run brother?

you should do it regardless of whether or not you sell any. it would be a sweet project to have in your portfolio.

first step though, i would try to find what you are going to make the lenses out of. that's a very specific shape for a see through lens.

i say go for it!

Daman is right. Do what YOU want to do. At the very least you have a bio that YOU like that nobody else has. It will be a great design and learning experience. I will be joining you soon in a sculpt as well. ;)

I really hope you do this... I love it

well i was thinking regardless i would like to do this and a mask but i have school related projects to do as well. So i get pretty busy and they wouldnt be done anytime soon, but anything would be nice to add to the portfolio. im not too sure what i would sell them for but most of the materials i already have or i can get for free from the school and i wouldnt have to pay as much out of pocket, so i think i could afford to price them cheaper then some of the people who put alot of money and hours into making things. First thing i need to do is get a job so i have that extra money just incase, and its good to have a job

i think i could pull off the round lenses. its intended to look like the 3 black holes are what the predator would look through but that would make it impossible to see in real life. If i could find some kind of oneway tinted plastic or something that i could spray over clear plastic i can use a vacuum form.

if you have access to a vacuform then that's def the way you want to go. especially if you plan on copies. finding two way tint wouldnt be that hard either.

Heres a idea for a mask and some more bio drawings.

the head is referenced from Narin's young wolf kit. I changed the angle of the top of the head and rounded it back a little kinda like a P1 head.
Scan-110224-0002.jpg

CHEMELEON.jpg

Scan-110224-0004.jpg

Scan-110224-0003.jpg

sorry i dont know why they are sideways

he looks young. i like the look you have going.
making the mouth area slant back as seen in the first profile pic is interesting. since most bios mouth area jut outwards.
i think the eyebrow ridges/horns look good as long as they are more subtle. any bigger than what you have and it would be too much.

nice work!
i really like these concepts, i hope you go through with them.

those are my opinions. take em for what they are worth.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back