Interest CFO Indiana Jones “Raiders of the Lost Ark” Cherubs interest thread.

Was the chroming company that phillip wise use for the ark too expensive? Can't remember the name ;)

I think that was Don at Coat of Chrome. He’s said he’s done a few full Arks and was very nice through email. He wanted $650 for the set and that did include some prep work which these obviously do not need. I tried reaching out to ask how much with no prep but oddly never received a response.

The cheapest quote I’ve received so far is from Steve at Liquid 3 Designs, he quoted me $450. I asked if he could do a group discount for some of us but he said that was the lowest he could go whether he did 1 or 100. He has was very nice though and said back in November that he currently had about a 4 week turnaround time.

I’m not sure if $450 is a fair price or not given that I’m not familiar with the chroming world. I’d love anyone more familiar with the process to chime in and give their 2 cents.

Sean

I'm wondering how much whether a real gold coating would be much more than a colored chrome coating.

I think that was Don at Coat of Chrome. He’s said he’s done a few full Arks and was very nice through email. He wanted $650 for the set and that did include some prep work which these obviously do not need. I tried reaching out to ask how much with no prep but oddly never received a response.

The cheapest quote I’ve received so far is from Steve at Liquid 3 Designs, he quoted me $450. I asked if he could do a group discount for some of us but he said that was the lowest he could go whether he did 1 or 100. He has was very nice though and said back in November that he currently had about a 4 week turnaround time.

I’m not sure if $450 is a fair price or not given that I’m not familiar with the chroming world. I’d love anyone more familiar with the process to chime in and give their 2 cents.

Sean

Hi guys

I have PM’d everyone left on the list and had no reply from Zachilies so I have one pair and a single cherub left for sale.

Last edited:
Please, if you’re going to show interest at least read the first post that has all the information you need. To say you want a pair and then say to me that they are too expensive or are they chromed etc when all this information is already outlined is just annoying.
Sorry to be blunt but I went to my lock up and got them out and boxed and weighed them ready for shipping and was then told they are too expensive. It’s all here, there are no surprises.

I’m getting a bit frustrated........
When you ask if you can buy a cherub and want me to get a shipping quote for you which requires me to go to my lock up, pack, weigh, measure and set up a quote, it would be nice if you replied to my messages once I’ve done so. This is not the first time this has happened. It’s called wasting my time. This was after my last post about people who wasting my time!!!

Unless you are serious please don’t bother asking.

That said I still have some cherubs left from this run if anyone is interested. All the info is in the first post.

Cheers!

Did anyone in the States ever find a reasonable price or have work completed for Chosmi-Chrome or other comparable method? I would appreciate any leads on where to go. Thanks.

Sean

I’ll probably just go to Coat of Chrome, as I don’t know if another place that’s been recommended.

Did anyone in the States ever find a reasonable price or have work completed for Chosmi-Chrome or other comparable method? I would appreciate any leads on where to go. Thanks.

Sean

I like Don at CoC and he quoted me $650 and Liquid 3 Design quoted me $450. While L3D seems reasonable sskunky said that was way over priced yet I can’t find anything cheaper, which is the only reason I ask. I’m starting to think that $450 in the US is as good as it’s going to get.

Sean

I’ll probably just go to Coat of Chrome, as I don’t know if another place that’s been recommended.

Did anyone from this run ever coat their cherubs? Can you post some pics.

As fate would have I moved about 60 miles from Don at CoC so I’ll eventually just get mine done there unless someone can recommend a cheaper but still looks good alternative.

Sean

I was also planning to send my cherubs to COC, but I’ve been putting that off with the current state of the world. I’ll probably contact Don soon.

Did anyone from this run ever coat their cherubs? Can you post some pics.

As fate would have I moved about 60 miles from Don at CoC so I’ll eventually just get mine done there unless someone can recommend a cheaper but still looks good alternative.

Sean

Did You ever reach out to Don for a quote?

He quoted me a long while ago an estimate of $600 to $650 depending on the amount of prep work but I’d have to think it would be a little cheaper because little to no prep work is required on these, ie, no filling, sanding or priming.

Sean

I was also planning to send my cherubs to COC, but I’ve been putting that off with the current state of the world. I’ll probably contact Don soon.

as we’re in the midst of chaos, I’m going to check with other chroming services for their pricing. I’ve seen Creations n’ Chrome mentioned on theRPF before. I’ll message them for pricing and get back to the thread.

Did You ever reach out to Don for a quote?

He quoted me a long while ago an estimate of $600 to $650 depending on the amount of prep work but I’d have to think it would be a little cheaper because little to no prep work is required on these, ie, no filling, sanding or priming.

Sean

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back