Interest CFO Indiana Jones “Raiders of the Lost Ark” Cherubs interest thread.

sskunky

Sr Member
Hi

Some of you may remember that I did a run of Cherubs for the Ark some years back. I have been asked if I would do another run of primed Cherubs so people who have invested in buying the Ark that Philip wise has offered can add and match them to the chrome they will use on their ark.
So if we get some interest I’ll get them remoulded and do some more. These will only be primed ready to chrome. I’m not offering chroming this time round.
They are cast from a cherub that came from the original moulds and have a nice pot belly, facial features, correct folds in the fabric, thumbs and level wings. Just as they should be.

I’ll need interest in at least 10 pairs to make this happen.

232f336997979bcaf111f9df38b2cb65.jpg
78a7baa9e2e00d7f7e258c87fbe3916e.jpg
7c5c37ef21cde2e5b0c5f1cdda365268.jpg
d9f971a183f20708d31115ffa63b1525.jpg
86e02be923dfb89622d862eae963fcbc.jpg

They will £325 each plus shipping (quite a bit cheaper than the first run) and will be professionally rotocast hollow with internal support, primed and sanded ready to chrome.
You may need to check over the cherubs as these are done in bulk and sanding blindness can occur. [emoji2957]
They will need dusting and degreasing before chroming.
Shipping quotes.
Uk- £18 next day tracked.
EU- £22 economy tracked. £60 express tracked.
USA - £60 express tracked.
Australia- £95 express tracked.
Canada - £72 express tracked.
Insurance is extra but I’ve never had a problem in all the years I’ve been using DHL.

Please include your screen name shipping address, telephone number and email addy in the comments of your payment or PM me as you pay.
Please pay as a gift or add 4% for Paypal fees.

Any special delivery instructions please notify me before sending. I’ll declare full value unless otherwise instructed.

Many thanks.

INTEREST LIST
1. Colfax220 x2 Shipped
2. el toro x2 Shipped.
4. Mark Andrews x2 Shipped.
5. boochydog x2 Shipped.
6. batmann539 x2 Shipped .
7. Bill Elder x2 (email) Shipped.
8. gregroe x1 Shipped.
9. Whoever x2 Shipped.
10.DL4765 x2 Deposit paid ( Shipped)
11. Tripoli. X2 Deposit paid.(end Feb)
12. Dcc_clone x 1 Shipped
13. DCM74 x2 Shipped
14. Robert. J. Melina x1 Shipped (FB pages)
15. Belloq. Shipped.
16. Bounos x1 Shipped. (MSG)
17. Janders10 x1 (Shipped)
18. Zachilles x2 (PM sent)
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Hi Sskunky would it be possible to see the left profile side of the cherub? These look really great. Also, are these screen accurate? Sorry for the noob queries as I have no previous knowledge :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^ ^ ^ This !! Got one last time they were offered. Put simply, just a cool prop, and the icing on the cake for those of you building your own or kit Arks out there

nice! put me down for 2. when will you need a DP and payment? thanks!!

anyone have ideas as to who can chrome these in the USA??

sskunky, thanks for the heads-up PM. kirk

Hi Mark. Actually can you mark me down for a pair instead of one? Thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

This would be helpful. Could you share any relevant leads that you hear of?

I am certainly interested, but I need to find out more information on where I could get these plated in the U.S. that would be of acceptable quality? I would not want to make this significant investment, only to be disappointed in the final result!! Thanks for any help that everyone can provide.

Please count me in for 2 of them.

As far as getting them gold chromed I had a brief conversation with Don over at Coat of Chrome:

http://www.coatofchrome.com/home.php

He said about $600 to $650 a pair depending on the amount of prep it needed. Sounds like these won’t need any. He was a very nice guy and very responsive to emails.

Sean

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Also we need to consider if if we would need to batch our orders together to the same electroplater or vacuum metalicizer if there is a minimum order.

Mark, for your original runs, were the cherubs vacuum metalicized in gold, or was a gold-colored chrome used? Thanks.

Where I have them done they are chromed silver then dipped in a gold lacquer. We found dipping was better than spraying. It have better results.

That’s vastly overpriced for these. I didn’t pay nearly that much for them to be done at the place that did the originals. You shouldn’t be paying much over $100-$150 per piece. The only reason we charged more was because every 10 there were only maybe 3 perfect Cherubs and our customers expected perfection. So a lot of man how’s was spent re-preparing the rejects for chroming again.
There should be next to no work needed doing with our casts. Maybe a degrease and going over with a fine tooth comb if you are as anal as me.

Please count me in for 2 of them.

As far as getting them gold chromed I had a brief conversation with Don over at Coat of Chrome:

http://www.coatofchrome.com/home.php

He said about $600 to $650 a pair depending on the amount of prep it needed. Sounds like these won’t need any. He was a very nice guy and very responsive to emails.

Sean

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

damn, the details in these things are beautiful. does the chroming lose some of the detail work? aproximate size for these is? thanks!

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back