Ceramics - Star Trek DS9 Raktajino Mug

UnseenRincewind

My wife is a ceramicist and so I thought I'd use her skills to make a DS9 Raktajino mug. This started off as a 3D printed mould, then into a silicone mould, then into plaster of paris, then used to slip-cast porcelain. Quite the time-consuming process but it means I can make more if I want a set, now I've made the moulds.
Now looking for another similar project if anyone has any ideas? Any feedback gratefully appreciated (however critical!)

Screenshot 2022-11-04 at 10.56.41.png

UnseenRincewind

Kudos to your wife, that's a lovely replica.
You can enjoy your hot beverages in true Star Trek style.

I have a fair few of the DS9 mugs but not a maroon/dark cherry Raktajino mug, I have a green and blue mug.
Thank you; that's a phenomenal set you've collected there! Are they all original pieces used on the set?

We tried making the smaller Raktajino but found it wasn't very useful - it didn't fit under our espresso machine and it didn't hold much coffee!

Mind you, these big ones hold about a pint! I really enjoyed the process of designing the mould and the rest of it - I just need to think of another piece of ceramics that I can produce. Perhaps a Klingon Bloodwine Mug?

renaissance_man

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
They aren't set used but they are the same manufacturer and models as the ones used on the show. It took a long time to gather that set together.

Who can argue with a pint of tea/coffee.
Best of luck with yours and your wife's next ceramics collaboration.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.