Centrepiece of the Death Star conference room: what floor heater is it?

Space In Vader

Roger Christian (set decorator of Star Wars) says in "Cinema Alchemist" (page 128 following pictures): 'The floor heater I sprayed black as the centrepiece for the Death Star conference room'.
Who can say which model this floor heater is? I would love to put this thing on my table...
RENCE%2BROOM%2BA%2BNEW%2BHOPE%2BSTAR%2BWARS%2B1977.jpg

That is some great 1970's retro/modern design of a floor heater. Plus, if he sprayed the black, it must have been a mighty smooth surface to start with as a base. Now I'm off to Google some images!

those vent rings look a lot like an old Pifco space heater my mom used to have.

View attachment 1270129

I’ve been looking into this too. Im fairly sure it’s the saucer shaped pifco as trooper Trent says, with two domes added.

I know he said he just painted a heater but I’ve found a lot of his anecdotes to be wildly mis-remembered or inaccurate.... 40 years of telling the same stories will do that ;)

I’ve been looking into this too. Im fairly sure it’s the saucer shaped pifco as trooper Trent says, with two domes added.

I know he said he just painted a heater but I’ve found a lot of his anecdotes to be wildly mis-remembered or inaccurate.... 40 years of telling the same stories will do that ;)
Yep, classic Roger Christian.

The Pifco Warmasphere looks pretty close. to me.

4cbfde_03c25a304c224faf9a80f7ecd4c183ef~mv2_d_3024_4032_s_4_2.webp

But when I look very closely at the movie, the three metal rings seem to be more like a flat ring and not like a wire.
Similar to this:

walter-von-nessen-space-age-lamp.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back