Centauri's Hand Weapon: The Breakdown

Yes, Jane Badler's hands are small. Looking forward to seeing this prop come to life! - mh
Screen Shot 2023-03-18 at 11.10.00 AM.png

I guess I'm a bit slow, but I do not see the part you are referencing.

When I refer to a flash gun I mean a special effects version, not a camera version.

A lot has happened in the last six months, so I have been a bit preoccupied. I'm hoping that things are settled down enough to allow me to resume this project.
My name is Christian Colquhoun and I built the original prop for the Last Star fighter when I was working for Modern Props in Los Angeles.

The ONLY bought part on the prop is the momentary electronic *trigger* that was used to trigger a half load squib that could be hand loaded into the front of the prop. Everything else I hand made. The frame and most other parts are aluminum. Some of them we sent out to get gold plated. The scales are plexiglass and one side could be taken off to access the 9volt battery in the handle which powered an LED and the triggering of the squib.
On the bottom unneath the round, 4 hole emitter was a set screw. Undoing the set screw allowed the emitter to come out to load the squib.
Since Modern Props was a prop rental house, we would build things for cost, keep the prop, then rent it out again which is why you saw it in V - the original series.

Hope I helped. :)

Thanks. That info was long awaited.

Any chance of better images of it? Are there any production pictures, maybe something in progress?

Were there any other blasters made for the film that weren't used? Were any of the blasters made of wood like this one?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230929-230621.jpg
    Screenshot_20230929-230621.jpg
    710.3 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back