'Cause it's dark out and dinosaurs are sneaky! (Night Vision Goggles, WIP)

Rylo

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I thought some of you guys would get a kick out of seeing these. I've wanted a pair of dino-goggles forever so I finally gave in and started working on these between other jobs.

Here's where I am on my rough base sculpt. There's still plenty to add and lots to change, but I'm pleased with where things are headed.

This pic shows my current goggle sculpt with machined acrylic light rings and aluminum lenses. If you guys want to see the proto progress up to this point I'll gladly add more info to this thread.

8875-basesculpt9.jpg

Here's one more in slightly brighter light:

8876-basesculpt8.jpg

Last edited:
Re: 'Cause it's dark out and dinosaurs are sneaky!

Very cool! I'm also geeking out on the other odds and ends littering your workspace ;-)

Thanks, man! I may have to do a wide shot of the bench just for you.

-Rylo

Very cool! I'm also geeking out on the other odds and ends littering your workspace ;-)

Thank you, sir! I'm also pleased to say I tracked down the correct suspension rig for these. The originals were done in two different colors. I prefer the black.

8888-basesculpt10.jpg

Looking good, Rylo.

Last edited:
Re: 'Cause it's dark out and dinosaurs are sneaky! (NV Goggles, WIP)

Y'know - I've come to terms with the fact that there will always be people in the world who are better than me....

.... but do you REALLY have to be THIS good Ry? You're really just rubbing it in now.. :angry

:lol

Come over and play already.... I know you're on the east coast somewhere - as you woke me up once.... :lol

These arn't on my "must have" list like they are for some people, but i'm so happy to see someone finally tackle this project.

Oh' stop...:$

I swear I'll pick up the check next time!

Y'know - I've come to terms with the fact that there will always be people in the world who are better than me....

.... but do you REALLY have to be THIS good Ry? You're really just rubbing it in now.. :angry

:lol

Come over and play already.... I know you're on the east coast somewhere - as you woke me up once.... :lol

Holy carp! This is really going to happen!!! :eek

see, i knew there was a reason why i remained friends with you :D :D :D

excellent work, buddy. You can tell me all about this later this week on the phone.

Looking forward to catching up!

Thanks, bro.

see, i knew there was a reason why i remained friends with you :D :D :D

excellent work, buddy. You can tell me all about this later this week on the phone.

Is it the goggles on the shelves have that band?

Awesome work!
This has been a prop that I've seen tried many times, but it looks like we will actually see one completed!

Yes, the park (shelf) goggles feature black suspension rigs.

I just like them better than the light grey ones that border on white. There's a small NV warning sticker that goes on the back of the band and it 'pops' a little stronger against the black. :thumbsup

Is it the goggles on the shelves have that band?

Thats hillarious, i have the thing those came off in my shed. I bought them years ago when i went to school to learn to use them.

The ones on the goggles that are disassembled are from a different manufacturer. I found those too.

Yeah, funny when I was going nuts looking for the suspension rig I had one hanging on my torch the whole time! :lol

If only the rest of the build could've been so easy!

Found the black one in old stock and just preferred it for probably the same reason they were used on the cabinet builds. They're cleaner and look a bit more industrial. It'll also mount a little more sturdy inside the top portion of the prop.

Thanks, again.

Thats hillarious, i have the thing those came off in my shed. I bought them years ago when i went to school to learn to use them.

The ones on the goggles that are disassembled are from a different manufacturer. I found those too.

Last edited:

Very cool project. I'll be watching with interest.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back