Casting Vytaflex in a rubber mold.

thejakemoore

I have some Mold Max 30 molds that I've been trying pour Vytaflex 60 into for some urethane casts. However, I keep getting poor results with the final product being flimsy and tacky. I'm thinking that the issue might be a reaction between the two rubbers? Is there a better rubber to use for the mold that will allow me greater success when casting with Vytaflex?

I've cast vytalflex into mold max, mold star, rebound 25 all without issues. How old is your vytaflex? Are you using a mold release?

I've cast vytalflex into mold max, mold star, rebound 25 all without issues. How old is your vytaflex? Are you using a mold release?
After doing more research, I believe the Vytaflex had gotten moisture contamination. I'll be purchasing a new batch, along with some Xtend It.

While we're on the topic, what kind of mold release do you recommend for this?

I just use the Ease Release that Smooth On sells along with a dusting of baby powder - unless I want a different effect such as a metallic look - then I may dust it with a cold cast powder.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back