Cassian Andor (Andor Series) Handheld Lantern

Yes I spotted that too, seems Disney may have taken the lead from fans on this one as, you will find lots of examples of that style of lantern being converted in to a kiber crystal display, there are even 3d parts available for the conversion.

I saw that! I made my own a while back.

IMG_6487.jpg

Very common style LED lamp. Not sure if there was anything seen that made it identifiable to the exact brand. There are so many brands and generic brands out there. You can pick up cheap ones all over Walmart, Dollar General, etc…. Some of the better versions are magnetic.

division 6 mentioned picking one up at Harbor Freight. This is reported to be the same place they sourced the hand lamp used by the Mandalorian in BoBF. So maybe…. maybe… HF it a popular place of the LFL prop folks building props.

Very common style LED lamp. Not sure if there was anything seen that made it identifiable to the exact brand. There are so many brands and generic brands out there. You can pick up cheap ones all over Walmart, Dollar General, etc…. Some of the better versions are magnetic.

division 6 mentioned picking one up at Harbor Freight. This is reported to be the same place they sourced the hand lamp used by the Mandalorian in BoBF. So maybe…. maybe… HF it a popular place of the LFL prop folks building props.
I'm willing to bet they are all OEM and branded by the local seller.

Adding printed parts:

Attachments

• IMG_20221029_114105.jpg
    IMG_20221029_114105.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 165
  • IMG_20221029_113246.jpg
    IMG_20221029_113246.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 146
If you realise etching or scuffing the plastic to defuse the light doesn't go as planned and you can't get any lighting defusion gels/sheets you can use wax paper instead.

Done. More photos here:

You can download the parts for free here:

Photo tutorial here:

Attachments

• IMG_20221030_112703.jpg
    IMG_20221030_112703.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 189
  • VID_20221030_113321.gif
    VID_20221030_113321.gif
    8.6 MB · Views: 142
Done. More photos here:

You can download the parts for free here:

Photo tutorial here:
Thanks for the tutorial! just picked one up and stoked to have a mini-Andor shrine with the med-nog flask, his blaster and knife on my wall-of-nerd :D

Hello, my first post here. I have the very same lantern they utilized in this series! It is an "off-the-shelf" item I picked up at Mammoth Cave, Kentucky, USA, gift shop, this lantern is NOT an official Lucas/Disney product.

Andor Lamp.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back