Cars who are the stars in film

Murdoch

Sr Member
Just had read a thread about a project to build a car from film. BTTF or KITT, now this got me thinking. There has to be more. Christine, batmobile, herbie. Anyone like to chime in...GM

My Mother the Car. But that was a tv show and I never saw it.
More of a co-star was Professor Fate's car in "The Great Race".

Are we talking movies where one car is the star? If not ll of American Graffiti counts. Corvette Summer had a pretty cool custom Vette.

i003779_zps1765e9c0.jpg

The car
interceptor-the-wraith_zpsea798103.jpg

The Wraith
1966124-3x2-340x227_zps1f414049.jpg

Madmax intercepter
corp_0801_03_z1973_chevrolet_corvette_movie_carfront_view_zps2b9b6a75.jpg

Corvette-summer...GM

A custom I made.

"The Durango-95 purred away real horrorshow - a nice, warm, vibraty feeling all through your guttiwuts. Soon, it was trees and dark, my brothers, with real country dark.
We fillied around for a while with other travellers of the night, playing hogs of the road. Then we headed west, what we were after now was the old surprise visit. That was a real kick and good for laughs and lashings of the old ultra-violence."

IMG_4290.jpg

IMG_4291.jpg

IMG_4294.jpg

IMG_4292.jpg

444.jpg

probe16broch.jpg

Before....
e854_1.jpg

e259_1.jpg

Elenor from both versions of Gone in 60 Seconds( Original/ 71 Mustang Mach 1 and the 67 GT-500 from the renake). Couldn't have the movie with out her.

And who could forget the Black Beauty from the Green hornet. Or a certain 67 Chevy Impala even though they're on tv.....

I'd say the 1977 Trans Am from Smokey and the Bandit (1977) qualifies in the same way as the 1968 Mustang Fastback from Bullitt (1968); they weren't "characters" and didn't "act", but they were tremendously popular. And technically I suppose the Torino from Starsky and Hutch qualifies as well since they made a movie based on the television series. And I know it isn't a car, but I'd also throw in the 1955 Peterbilt from the TV movie Duel (1971).

Edit: What about the 1959 Cadillac Ambulance from Ghostbusters (1984) and Ghostbusters II (1989)?

Last edited:
This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back