Carrie Fisher's Waist size for SW ANH?

Indy_Solo

Would anyone here know Carrie Fisher's exact waist measurement when she did SW ANH? I'm trying to get a belt made up to her exact waist specs.
Also, if anyone could post some detailed pics of her original belt and how they were fastened in the back.
Were the belts made of all leather with the metal parts or part canvas, part leather, part metal?
Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

<div class='quotetop'>(Indy_Solo @ May 18 2006, 02:53 AM) [snapback]1246040[/snapback]</div>
Would anyone here know Carrie Fisher's exact waist measurement when she did SW ANH?[/b]

Did you want the pre or post-fat farm measurement?

TW

<div class='quotetop'>(The Wook @ May 17 2006, 08:10 PM) [snapback]1246050[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>(Indy_Solo @ May 18 2006, 02:53 AM) [snapback]1246040[/snapback]
Would anyone here know Carrie Fisher's exact waist measurement when she did SW ANH?[/b]

TW
[/b][/quote]

I didn't notice the difference? Just the screen accurate measurements for ANH would be fine :D

<div class='quotetop'>(Indy_Solo @ May 18 2006, 03:13 AM) [snapback]1246053[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>(The Wook @ May 17 2006, 08:10 PM) [snapback]1246050[/snapback]
<div class='quotetop'>(Indy_Solo @ May 18 2006, 02:53 AM) [snapback]1246040[/snapback]

TW
[/b][/quote]

I didn't notice the difference? Just the screen accurate measurements for ANH would be fine :D
[/b][/quote]

You don't seem to understand. Carrie shrank during the filming of ANH, due to a fat-reduction program they had her on. In fact, if you watch the Empire of Dreams documentary (which is on the Bonus Material disc of the 2004 SE box set), she says that she lost a great deal of weight during the shooting. She even said that they were disappointed that none of the fat she lost came out of her face.

So, I guess what I'm saying is, there is not a single answer to your question.

The Wook

The Wook
[/quote]

So what was Carrie's waist measurement before and after the fat farm?

<div class='quotetop'>(Indy_Solo @ May 18 2006, 06:00 AM) [snapback]1246110[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>

The Wook
[/b]

[/b][/quote]

Oh I dunno. :$ I was just lettin' ya know that there isn't one single answer to your question. I'm afraid that's all the factual help I can offer you.

But I'll speculate for you if you like. I'd say her waist was 24 1/2" at the beginning of the shoot, and 23" by the end of the shoot. But I'm purely guessing, based on her height and petite frame.

Incidentally, Carrie mentions in Empire of Dreams that one of the very first shots they filmed was when she and Luke swung across the chasm inside the Death Star. She was worried sick that she was too fat for the stunt. But thankfully, they got the shot with just one take.

Good luck with your quest to find her measurements. :)

The Wook

p.s. I bet her waist shrank another inch, to 22", by the time Jedi shot in '82. Ya gotta remember, she's only 5'1" tall.
leiaslave6.jpg

<div class='quotetop'></div>
p.s. I bet her waist shrank another inch, to 22", by the time Jedi shot in '82. Ya gotta remember, she's only 5'1" tall. [/b]

Wow 5'1".......Never thought she was that short.

She's scheduled to be appearing at a con here in London at the begining of July, I'm planning on going - but the question would probably get me a slap in the face.. :D

If you ever see her at a convention and can take sketches or a mock up to show how seriously you're taking your research (and ask nicely.) I'd bet she'd tell you.

Jeremy

<div class='quotetop'>(gonk27 @ May 18 2006, 11:54 AM) [snapback]1246237[/snapback]</div>
She's scheduled to be appearing at a con here in London at the begining of July, I'm planning on going - but the question would probably get me a slap in the face.. :D

If you ever see her at a convention and can take sketches or a mock up to show how seriously you're taking your research (and ask nicely.) I'd bet she'd tell you.

Jeremy
[/b]

I doubt there is ever a courteous way to ask a woman what her figure used to be some 30 years ago :unsure

<div class='quotetop'>(DL 44 Blaster @ May 18 2006, 08:30 PM) [snapback]1246401[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>(gonk27 @ May 18 2006, 11:54 AM) [snapback]1246237[/snapback]

Jeremy
[/b]

I doubt there is ever a courteous way to ask a woman what her figure used to be some 30 years ago :unsure
[/b][/quote]

..Yeah you're probably right. :$

<div class='quotetop'>(The Wook @ May 18 2006, 06:38 AM) [snapback]1246117[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>(Indy_Solo @ May 18 2006, 06:00 AM) [snapback]1246110[/snapback]
<div class='quotetop'>

The Wook
[/b]

[/b][/quote]

Oh I dunno. :$ I was just lettin' ya know that there isn't one single answer to your question. I'm afraid that's all the factual help I can offer you.

But I'll speculate for you if you like. I'd say her waist was 24 1/2" at the beginning of the shoot, and 23" by the end of the shoot. But I'm purely guessing, based on her height and petite frame.

Incidentally, Carrie mentions in Empire of Dreams that one of the very first shots they filmed was when she and Luke swung across the chasm inside the Death Star. She was worried sick that she was too fat for the stunt. But thankfully, they got the shot with just one take.

Good luck with your quest to find her measurements. :)

The Wook

p.s. I bet her waist shrank another inch, to 22", by the time Jedi shot in '82. Ya gotta remember, she's only 5'1" tall.
leiaslave6.jpg

[/b][/quote]

I just told a female friend of mine, who's also a SW fanatic, my estimates for Carrie's measurements, and she said, "What, are you nuts?.". She was no more than 22" at the beginning of ANH, and 19" by ROTJ.

So, I think you should ignore my estimates, if you hadn't been already. :$ Oh well...what do I know? I'm a wookiee.

The Wook

Thanks for all the guess-timates guys and gals. We'll probably never know for sure her exact measurements back then even if you asked her directly.
The better question would be has anyone ever measured her original ANH belt and have its exact length and placement for rivets/buttons? That would probably determine her exact waist/belt size.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back