Carpenter's The Thing NYC midnight show/ RoboCop too!

Probe Droid

Master Member
This week's heads up for the tri-state-area crew. Landmark's Sunshine Cinema in NYC is showing John Carpenter's The Thing this Friday/Saturday night at midnight. It's located at 143 East Houston St. Advance tickets at TICKETS.LANDMARKTHEATRES.com.

Have fun if you're going. I prefer the 50s version.

See below for info on RoboCop this weekend.

Last edited:
Re: Carpenter's The Thing NYC midnight show

I just watched this last night on DVD! :lol

I like both versions, but the Carpenter one is definitely more sophisticated, not only in effects but in its implications.

THING fans should also check out science fiction writer Peter Watts' short sequel story... told from the perspective of the alien creature!

Text story

http://clarkesworldmagazine.com/watts_01_10/

Audiobook reading

http://clarkesworldmagazine.com/podpress_trac/web/audio_01_10/0/clarkesworld_01_10_watts.mp3

E... T. :sick

Yeah I think we disagree on that one. :lol

ET and the Thing came out within a couple of weeks of each other that year... very disappointed in ET, personally. Too cute, too silly, too Spielberg. The Thing on the other hand was pretty cool. Kind of nauseatingly icky and violent, but still pretty cool. And it fit my nihilistic mood. :cool

There's supposed to be another Thing remake in the works (said to tell the story of the Norwegian camp, so it's a "prequel").

k

OOOooooohhhhhhh...so lucky! I was able to catch Escape From New York many years ago at the Brew and View, a theater here where you go to drink heavily and people are moslty obnoxious throughout the films. It's the best, especially since it's pretty much for people who have already seen the movies you're going to see. You go for the fan experience. We recite the lines and scream and yell at the screen. Great stuff and a great time, especially on $1 well drink night.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back