Carlart's P1 Bone Necklace Kit and a Pred Skull

Ice1

Sr Member
Took me a few days to clean these up. Wasn't all that hard to do, was quite easy. Today I'm adding the age look to them. Not totally finished Just yet, going to add a yellow finish on top of these and then clear coat them to finish them off. Think they are coming out really good so far.

DSCN1794.jpg

DSCN1791.jpg

DSCN1790.jpg

DSCN1789.jpg

DSCN1787.jpg

DSCN1786.jpg

DSCN1785.jpg

DSCN1784.jpg

DSCN1794.jpg

DSCN1791.jpg

DSCN1790.jpg

DSCN1789.jpg

DSCN1787.jpg

DSCN1786.jpg

DSCN1785.jpg

DSCN1784.jpg

they look saaweeeeeeeeeeeet. they look eerrrr, eeerr really boney hehe, which i know they are meant to. but not seen resin painted bone like so well before.

maybe a tutorial for us? :)

they look saaweeeeeeeeeeeet. they look eerrrr, eeerr really boney hehe, which i know they are meant to. but not seen resin painted bone like so well before.

maybe a tutorial for us? :)

Cool... I'll go ahead and put one up in this thread. Not very hard to get them to look like this. Once im done I'll put one up... :)

Guys, just so you know, the resin they are cast out of is pure white (slow cure resin), rather than the light beige (off white) you normally see in the faster curing resin I normally use.
You may want to consider giving the bones an off white coat before weathering to enhance the look. Just that it looks like the weathering against the white creates may be too much of a contrast.

A pred skull I finished today. Will have an update on the necklace tomorrow. I like how it turned out......

SkullBuddy.jpg

SkullBuddy.jpg

Don't think I've ever seen a Predator sculpt with as much texture detailing and we must see some more pics from different angles.
I thought the bones looked terrific but you've just raised the bar for the rest of us regards skull making.
Excellent work.

pretty sure thats the kit that Ice is painting..think he is talking about his paintjob ..I have one of those skulls ..the painting has a cool start ..cant wait to see the rest of it ...Would love a tutorial on the Carlart bones ..getting ready to do mine this week

i agree a tut on how you went about getting those bones to look that good would be great....just got my 2 sets today and i would love for them to look like that. very nice job!!!

Well ..buckled down and did mine this week. Here's what I did: Trimmed them up, left them a little rough to take the paint better. then I used two different acrylics raw umber and raw sienna (yellow) I put a little bit of the umber into the palette then filled the palette cup with water. I did not mix the water and paint. I took a brush and dipped it in the sort of sploshed it all over the bones. like muddy water.. I let the paint and water settle in clumps wherever it pooled up at...let is set up a bit, then blotted it with a sponge. After the brown dried..I did the exact same with the yellow wash. I may hit is again with another yellow..It looks old and crusty ..I like it
abc08583.jpg

f1a33575.jpg

abc08583.jpg

f1a33575.jpg

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back