Carl Grimes (The Walking Dead) costume. Help Needed!

Pat

I am piecing together a Carl Grimes (The Walking Dead) season finale costume for my son for Dragon*Con. While trying to identify the logo on his hoodie, I discovered that it actually appears to be a military medal of some kind, probably placed by wardrobe to cover the logo. Here is a screen shot and a close-up pic:
7026771339_4983cc84fd.jpg

6880671274_7be6dcd541.jpg

I think I've identified it as a NATO Iraq/Sudan/Afghanistan medal as seen here. Any help/confirmation would be greatly appreciated.

I've already sourced the hat and campaign cords. All that's left is the wardrobe and then it'll be impossible for my son to stay in the house.

I'd love to see pics of your hat and campaign cords? Any chance of posting some pics? Also, where did you obtain both from? I'm looking for a good screen accurate set of campaign cords as well.

Thanks! Keep us posted.

It does definitely look like a "miniature" medal also. I am fairly certain the miniature medals are the authorized for the mess and evening mess uniforms in the military. Here is another link to purchasing the Afghan-NATO miniature medal. Be careful, some areas of the country make it a crime to wear a military service ribbon that was not earned (although I hardly think anyone will make a fuss at a Con)

Ribbons Medals : Ribbons And Medals : Nato Non Article 5 Afghanistan

I hate to be "that guy" but you're right that it looks to be a military mini medal. Problem is that the Stolen Valor Act of 2005 prohibits anyone to wear military decorations and medals that they didn't earn.

My recommendation is to hit a fabric or craft store and fabricate one that's "close enough".

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back