Cardboard Wolf biohelmet Mk II

uruk

second try at cardboard biohelmet. personally i think i've made some progress, but the proportions are still off here and there.

wolf_predator_bio_helmet_by_cm023-d34nh93.jpg

any comments and critiques are appreciated, but i'd love you to be honest - i'd rather hear ten of "this is wrong and that is not good either" than one hundred of "cool", "very good", etc'. come on, let me know how to make another one the perfect one :)

Wow, fantastic work! You cant even tell its cardboard! xD

And in relation to some CC;

The only thing out of proportion to me are the sides where the mandibles would be

http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2010/345/3/4/wolf_predator_bio_helmet_by_cm023-d34nh93.jpg[/img]

any comments and critiques are appreciated, but i'd love you to be honest - i'd rather hear ten of "this is wrong and that is not good either" than one hundred of "cool", "very good", etc'. come on, let me know how to make another one the perfect one :)

That is amazing, i thought it was the movie replica you buy from Sideshow at first! Awesome job with this maks!

i think this is awesome work man i mean your colors are spot on! the things i can see is the cheeks and the crown but you already called that out so dude great job id say you should be proud

filler putty. you should find it in every DIY shop. it's cheap and gives nice effect when layed thick and sanded well.

I'd love to see a huntorial step-by step on your next one. Only thing that seems off to me are the spikes around the crown. A few of them look like they have flat edges or stick out at weird angles. Detail like that always jumps out at me, and it might not be as noticeable to everyone else. It looks great otherwise.

Looking at the close up photos in the build thread, I may have to retract my opinion of the spikes a little. They have the look of chipped stone, actually.

I have to say man before I opend this i was like o my god another one of these ******* things lol......BUT HOLY **** MAN How did you do so well on that. Not to be rude but did it cost alot to get that to look like that i mean I know its cardboard but people would be suprised what some of these things cost to make ............Great job man!!!!!!!

well, thanks alot. i know what you mean, some people just don't have what it takes. mine has many flaws too and i know it, but i did what i could to make it look as good as possible.

on the costs: cardboard is basically free, some PVA glue and super glue - still nothing expensive, paper-mache (old newspapers and flour+water), filler putty, some sandpapers and whatever bits you can salvage that you find usable. For me, it's almost no budget.

For a cardboard sculpt that's amazing work! A whole lot better than I could do, even with paper mache let alone cardboard

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back