Cardboard Suit Build

cripledpredator

I took some advice that i should just make one thread if im going to be making a full costume. So here it is.

The whole thing will be made fromcardboard. Ive done this multiple times. But this build i plan to put more effort into.
now the bio... can i layer it with masking tape? And the bladed gauntlet... how can i make the blades retractable?

abdb161a-b728-4b92-9b16-0febac4ce4c6.jpg

Glad to see your thread up. It's amazing what you can do with a little patience and determination. I know you're a bit discouraged in the funds department, but don't let that stop you from having fun with any project you start. As my father always told me, "if there's a will, there's a way". You'll get there. I worked as a part-time custodian when I was 18 to make money for my costumes, you can do it too. GO TEAM CRIPLEPREDATOR!!!

OK, pep talk over... now get to work.

With the light material you are currently working with, I would recommend using a pull system for your retractable blades. You can use a drawer slide for it. You can find them at any hardware store at around $12 for a pair. You may be able to find one cheaper so shop around. http://www.homedepot.com/p/Liberty-...on-Drawer-Slide-2-Pack-D80614C-ZP-W/202200642

Here's a link to someone using it for their Assassins Creed blade.

Since your blade will be standing up and not laying parallel to the slide bar like the Assassins blade, I suggest securing them with a right angle bracket.

1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
It may be the brand you're using. The cheaper brands are super thin and tears at the force a flea's whisper. I know your budget is tight, but spend that extra few cents and get a heavier weight.

But before you buy any product, make sure you google the reviews on it. It's always a good idea to see what people have to say about the item before spending your money. Weigh the pros and cons....

Also big thanks to davidkraww for the backer rod idea. I saw it is possible to spray paint them. I was going to until I saw that the resulting paint would sold flake off. I'll leave them grey. I mean hey its my build. Don't have to have it 100% perfect. As long as im having fun with it :)

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back